PwC application question

Hi all,

I am filling PwC application for Assurance and struggling with this question:

"From a business perspective, if you were to join PwC, which organisation would be your ideal client and what services do you think PwC would be providing to enhance the organisation’s continued business success "

I am not sure which firm to choose and how to convince that that firm is ideal. Any suggestion?

Many thanks, guys.

Any firm that needs lots of PwC’s help is ideal! I like to think that talking about retail is best because it is something everyone can understand and relate to (as opposed to e.g. insurance). Pick a high street store that you think could be doing better and explain how PwC could help.

Examples include:
[LIST]
[]Audit
[
]Tax advice
[]Fraud investigation
[
]Strategic consulting
[/LIST]

to name but a few. I talked about M&S at the time (which was in trouble).

Strategic consulting is a broad term that can relate from anything to providng suggestions for takeover/buyout targets to advice on branding strategy or investment, so there is lots of scope here for advice.

Try to pick a firm that is not a PwC client already. You could land yourself in a stitch if you are talking to someone who knows about this client.

In my opinion I think this is a poor chose because it is complicated and you are unlikely to be able to understand the issues fully. Worse still, [[PwC]] are the auditors of [[Lloyds TSB]], and they should have done their job correctly and not declared Lloyds TSB a [[going concern]] when giving their [[audit opinion]]. In other words, there is no way to tackle this issue without implying that [[PwC]]'s work was sloppy.

Hope this helps!
Chris.

Hello everyone,

I am filling PwC application for Actuarial and struggling with this question:

"From a business perspective, if you were to join PwC, which organisation would be your ideal client and what services do you think PwC would be providing to enhance the organisation’s continued business success "

I am not sure which firm to choose and how to convince that that firm is ideal. Any suggestions?

Thank you all.