Public Sector Assurance

Hi,

I’ve just been offered a position with one of the big 4 to work in public sector assurance next September (in a regional office).

Just wondering if anyone has any experiences of this particular area of assurance that they would like to share?

Thanks!

Hi,

I’ve got an interview for Public Sector assurance on tuesday…wondering if you could help me out…what questions did they ask you about commercial awareness and the economy etc? What would you recommend reading up upon especially??

Thankyou!

Hi p1234,

Is it a first interview you are attending? My first interview focused mainly on competencies, although I was asked about the type of clients I thought I would be working with in the public sector.

In my interview at AC I was asked more about my views on the current economic situation and the impact on the public sector. The questions were quite broad, such as considering the issues auditors involved in the public sector will have to face in future years. I think it’s good to have an understanding of a few key issues at the moment which you can apply to various questions.

hey, I applied public service and was offered a telephone interview next monday, could you or anyone provide more information for you interview?thanks so much!

@helen0217: Did you have a choice between a phone interview and a face-to-face interview? Which office did you apply for?

I’m on the process of researching and writing up for the client question. I’m just wondering whether I should write about a private sector or public sector client? I would very much appreciate any advice on how to structure and what to write for this question.

they just arranged a telephone interview for me. I worte a public sector coz I have had some experiences in that sector, I think it depends on which service line you applied for and your interest-do some research, and make sure you have included all the sub-questions they ask, I think that will be fine.
good luck, I am so nervous about the phone interview. any one who applied public service assurance could help me with the questions that might be asked?

thanx, helen0217. Good luck to your phone interview. I guess it shouldn’t be too different from phone/first interviews in other lines of services.

helen0271, how was your phone interview? I just passed my client question and was invited for a face-to-face interview next week. I would very much appreciate if you could let me know what sort of questions you were asked for this line of service?