P&G Interview process

together

Hi everyone,

just an info request for everyone having experience with the P&G recruitment process.

I applied last April for a CMK associate manager position in Geneva and although I was initially turned down following the first test, got invited to take the on-site (london) test later. Following a number of delays I finally attended the test (and passed), had a telephone interview with a senior manager (passed) and got invited to their Geneva office for a final interview.

While I feel I was very well prepared (assembled all previous PG competency based questions I could find and prepared answers with examples - best thing I could have done) and felt there was a reasonably good connection witht he three interviewers on my panel, I still feel uncertain about the outcome.

In brief, the person who interviewed me over the phone (we had a coffee together before and after the interview to talk) told me that they would possibly ask me back in after the actuall interview to ask some more questions. However, after the interview they did not ask me back for more questions and I was told that they would let me know their decision within 1 week - 10 days.

It’s closing in on 1 week now and the manager sent me an email telling em that “my application & interview results are being discussed with the CMK lead team this week”. As I am genuinely keen on this position (relevant experience - I know I can and want to do this job!), I am getting very nervous and would very much appreciate if any other previous PG applicats in any similar positions might be able to share their relevant experience with me?!

Do you think it’s a good or a bad sign they’re still discussing my application/interview" ???

thanks for any advice,

f.

hey sorry im not able to help i just applied to P and g myself and due to take the reasoning test at their offices i would really appreciate any help on what i need to do to pass. I know the online practice examples are easier than the real thing but how did you prepare for yours?

Hello Waterfalls,

I wish you good luck in the reasoning test.

I prepared by firstly working out their practice test. Secondly, I bought the Kaplan GMAT Math book and attempted as many questions as I could.

I hope this helps.

Hello FMH,

I think your panel members do not have similar opinions on you. At P&G, such differences are NOT settled by vote. Rather, they set one addition interview for you (possibly with the director). The fourth interviewer’s decision would determine the outcome of your application.

Dear all,

I actually heard back from P&G and they have decided to make a formal offer, which I am not trying to negotiate a little further (not sure how well that will work judging from some of the feedback here and on glassdoor.com…).

In any case, all the very best to you Waterfalls. I think it’s important simply to be well-prepared for the test, relax and sleep well the night before. I came out of the on-site test angry and frustrated as hell thinking there is no way on earth i passed - only to get my thumbs-up the next morning!

What I have done for the second (panel) interview is to simply go through all available websites (both PG and non-PG) annd gather all (competency-based!0 interview questions, write them down, think of relevant answers from my work and academic experience and learn them by heart! I think think this really really helped me during the interview and I came across a lot more self-assured than I otherwise would …

hope you’re doing well in your test and interview - PG really seems to be an amazing company to work with judging from my experience so far!

Congrats again on getting the job just one questions are the figural questions similar to the online 15 question reasoning test

Also I got the kaplan verbal reasoning book and not the Math one r the questions similar to the practice ones or more challenging?

I found the questions were overall similar but a good deal (!) more challenging, in particular considering the limited time and ensuing pressure on you. It’s important to remember that you will NOT be marked down for wrong answers, so if there is a question you are not really sure about - don’t ponder over it for long but skip it to answer the ones you REALLY know first and then come back to the hard ones and follow your gut feeling.

As far as the GMAT etc questions are concerned, I did the wikijob assessment center simulation and a few other relevant online tests - think they really helped me. Just keep in mind that the on-site test will be in substance similar to the one you’ve already done online!

Ok thanks for the help I have been practicing the assessment day questions on the wiki website and the GMAT ones for numerical reasoning I just hope it’ll be enough are there any graphs on the test?

Hey waterfalls I applied to P and G about a weeks ago, took the online reasoning and have had no reply. How long did they take to get back to you about taking the reasoning test in the office? Good luck on the test!

Hey thanks I took it last week just waiting for results. They took about ten days or 2 weeks I think so I wouldn’t worry about it too much yet. Good luck

Hi everyone,

Had my panel interviews at P&G today after completing the test in their office. Found out I have been offered a role this evening, so all seems a very quick process. My advice for anyone sitting the test, it’s very similar to the practice one on their website although the numerical part was slightly more difficult. As far as the interview goes apparently they have to have 3 people observe you and then they base their decision on your scoring. All 3 of my interviews were very similar focusing on competency based questions, so have a look at their drivers and have different examples prepared for each of those.

Hi everyone,

Had my panel interviews at P&G today after completing the test in their office. Found out I have been offered a role this evening, so all seems a very quick process. My advice for anyone sitting the test, it’s very similar to the practice one on their website although the numerical part was slightly more difficult. As far as the interview goes apparently they have to have 3 people observe you and then they base their decision on your scoring. All 3 of my interviews were very similar focusing on competency based questions, so have a look at their drivers and have different examples prepared for each of those.

Hey guys I just got rejected after taking the online reasoning test but they said after reviewing my qualifications. I don’t think I did great in the online test so could it have been this? or do you actually think its my qualifications? What qualifications do you have?

Hey sorry about that I know the feeling. I have a first in accounting and finance but got rejected by barclays so quick saying my qualifications were not up to scratch so it’s just about trying in different places. Good luck

hello FMHeyden, congrats on your P&G offer! Hope everything is finw with you and your new job? Could you please let me know if they left space to negotiate on the salary? What do you think, is it a standard start salary or does it change depending on the qualifications of the person? Lastly, when you reply the questions in the second interview, did you use the same examples which you use for the first interview? I will have my second interview next week, and will be great to know all these. Many thanks.

hello FMHeyden, congrats on your P&G offer! Hope everything is finw with you and your new job? Could you please let me know if they left space to negotiate on the salary? What do you think, is it a standard start salary or does it change depending on the qualifications of the person? Lastly, when you reply the questions in the second interview, did you use the same examples which you used for the first interview? I will have my second interview next week, and will be great to know all these. Many thanks.

Congratulations for making it to the second interview round, Stella, this really means you have something the company is looking for.

• As for the salary, PG is a very ‘regimented’ place to work, which has its good and bad sides. On the good sides, you will always know where you’re standing and that results will be rewarded. On the other hand it means that there is absolutely no space for initial salary negotiation whatsoever. However, if you have already some previous experience (like me), this will be taken into consideration. Also, PG does make a considerable effort to ‘do the right thing’ and will not only make sure the company pay is among the top 25% of the industry, but will also look after you very, very well afterward.

My best advise is therefore to accept the offer you receive (even if you may be offered a little more elsewhere, or would have liked to get more) and then make sure that you climb in the company and deserve the extra increase. This can make a considerable difference, if you’re worth it.

As for the interview, be yourself. I did make sure that I was aware of all (!) the questions previously asked. Again, it’s a very structured company, so this is possible. And had practical, applicable answers and examples ready for each of them. Make sure you are WELL prepared for the interview and show the other person you WANT to work for the company!

PG really only hires the ‘best of the best of the best’ and can really choose from its applicants who fits the bill. They will keep a position vacant for a long stretch of time if necessary; but if you get taken and start with them, you will see the difference this makes.

Again, good luck and all the best with your interview!

I also had a couple of interviews last week. Both on the phone.

They told me that is the final step of the process and the next time I will hear from them it will be to get a positive or negative answer.

It is difficult to evaluate how I impressed the interviewers since I couldn’t see their faces, and they were asking one question after the other… but I think I have a good feeling after all. I came with answers almos immediately for every question and I think my examples were very appropriate (though I am not completely satisfied with all of them… guess that always happens) and also asked good questions about the kind of job, the company philosophy, and the selection process.

There is only one thing that makes me feel confused… one of my mates got the call from P&G too and he just 1 phone interview (they announced us the number of interviews beforehand so it is not based on the results of the 1st one… does any one have a clue of the meaning of this?

Hello again FM Heyden, thanks for all the information you provided! I had the second interview on last Thursday. It was with 3 managers from SCM, and External Relations and HR department. It last for 45 min, and I feel everything went pretty well. They said if I pass this round, I will have the last interview with directors from the Marketing department (which is the department I have applied to). I look forward to hear from them! Once again, many thanks for your reply.

Best regards!