other websites

I was wondering if any of you guys knew of any other online communities helpful for students seeking careers in financial service or accountancy?

To be honest Mon, this is one of the best. The main problem i’ve seen with a lot of online communities (partcilarly with respect to IB, finance or accounting) is that there is lots of people posting, but most of them have no industry experience, and post untrue and speculative information, which of course they themselves assume to be correct.

Nicube is a great example of this - a dedicated on line Investment banking community, but over a period of a couple of hours I failed to find more than a handful of useful posts. eFinancialCareers is a good website with a fair bit of information - other than that, just read the Financial Times, Economist, and Investopedia to learn the industry. Mergers & Inquisitions is a great blog - check it out, comprehensive info from an industry insider.

I know it can be very tempting to scour the internet looking for that brilliant bit of info that nobody else has, but truth is that past the initial on-line application, what becomes more important is your own research, as opposed to the word of people on a forum.

cheers for your helpful words. I’ll have a look at those but keep what you said in mind.

Glad to hear this was one of the best! :slight_smile: Thanks Reg!