Oliver Wyman

Oliver Wyman

Hi, did anyone get invited to take numerical test for Oliver Wyman GMC program?
Would appreciate it if anyone who took it could give me insight!

I just took it.

it’s very difficult; i think i failed it.

It’s negatively marked and very time pressured. Make sure you have your calculator

What sort of things did they test / expect you to know? The standard SHL ones don’t really have any formulae etc that we’re expected to know, but I’ve heard this has stats, geometry, etc?

That’s right, there was a bit of geometry and probability that it would be helpful to brush up on. Do the practice questions and you should get a pretty decent idea of what’s coming.

It is a very difficult test with big time pressure. I was completely wrong on what to expect, having done some other tests before, then I was surprised by this… the examples I was given before were a complete joke, nothing like the real test.

took the test today…its like most other firms====>difficult …though I must say Newton’s was more difficult (i did not pass newton either)…the only thing with wyman is its negative marking…goodluck to anyone doing the test:)

took the test today…its like most other firms====>difficult …though I must say Newton’s was more difficult (i did not pass newton either)…the only thing with wyman is its negative marking…goodluck to anyone doing the test:)

Thanks for answering to my question. It was extremely helpful. I took the test today and hope this would help me taking other tests this week. Good luck to everyone.

Bloody 'ell, the maths test was pretty strenuous.

Its far more difficult than SHL and PSL, but I don’t actually think the questions are that difficult.

What makes it very hard is the amount of time they give you (20 mins, 30 questions), which adds a LOT of pressure to answer quickly. It gives only 40 seconds / questions which is not that long as the questions involve quite a lot of mathematical manipulation.

You need to be able to think very fast.

Hi All,

Just wanted to know if anyone has sat the OW tests. I have mine on the 8th this month in London and have heard that they are pretty tough. I was wondering if anyone has done it could spread some information on things to focus on?.. Some have said that we should look at GMAT examples- how true is this and will they have anything like geometry or things like this (as this features on the GMAT)

Little worried so any advice would be appreciated :slight_smile:

Cheers people