Offer for PwC HR Tech Consulting Autumn 2015 Intake. Happy to help!

PwC

As the title suggests, I have just received an offer from PwC and this forum has helped me heaps so I’d love to give back! Many people have posted brilliant advices for the whole application process but if anyone has any question, feel free to ask!

Hello,
I have my PwC final interview is in next week. Can you share your experience for PwC partner interview?Questions asked?Advice?
Thank you very much!

Congrats on getting to the final stage! The main part of my interview was purely competency-based. Questions that he asked:

1. Tell me a time when you worked with a group of people to achieve a goal (Leadership)
  2. When you presented something that you were passionate about (Technical capabilities)
  3. How does PwC add value to its clients (Business acumen)
  4. When you worked with a group of people with different working styles/cultures (Global acumen) <- he asked this because I worked at a German firm in Shanghai
  5. When you built a relationship with a customer/client (Relationship)

He asked a bit of why PwC, why this scheme and then I went on asking him some questions. My advice would be to not be nervous (easier said than done I know)! I misunderstood the 3rd question initially and had to re-composed myself but I think I came across very keen and enthusiastic and that helped. Also I don’t know if this actually works but when you get asked questions about PwC, mention how you read their annual reports! I got positive feedback about that! He also sometimes asked for an extra example so more examples for each competency wouldn’t hurt!

Aside from that, just really really try to display your enthusiasm!

Hi Marilyn! Congratulations! I am thinking about applying for the HR position as well and would appreciate some help regarding the following questions.
1.At the online assessment stage, did you attend the inductive/logical reasoning or verbal reasoning test ?
2.For the first interview, is it a telephone interview or face-to-face one?
3.In the first interview, did the interviewer ask you about any question related to commercial awareness? Did they push for a detailed analysis?

Thank you very much for your advice in advance

Regards

Hi Marilyn! Congratulations! I am thinking about applying for the HR position as well and would appreciate some help regarding the following questions.
1.At the online assessment stage, did you attend the inductive/logical reasoning or verbal reasoning test ?
2.For the first interview, is it a telephone interview or face-to-face one?
3.In the first interview, did the interviewer ask you about any question related to commercial awareness? Did they push for a detailed analysis?

Thank you very much for your advice in advance

Regards