Can someone please share their experience in applying to NHS graduate scheme this year? E.g. what the process is like, what strengths they are particularly looking for, any AC and interview tips? Thanksss so much!
Has anybody taken the face to face interview? Could you share the interview questions?
Hi, I have the same questions but it seems like all the NHS thread are not very crowded. This is the only thing I found from a thread in 2011. Hope it can help somehow.
"Ok, I had mine and will try to enlighten you on what went on.
Really nice and informal at first, with a few of the people on the programme registering you as you arrive and biscuits and water to snack on while you make conversation. Then you get told what will go on and split up and taken to your interview rooms. This is about half an hour after you should arrive (so for the 12.30 slot, interviews start at 1.00).
The interview went as follows:
- Why NHS
- what things stand out about NHS that draw you to work there?
- what was special about health informatics
- what research have you done (they didn’t ask me specifics, just to see how interested I was) and had I applied to other NHS jobs
This section you can really get by without preparing - just be honest and talk about what it is that made you apply. I talked about working with people, public service etc…
Then it was competencies:
- a time when working in a team where conflict over an issue arose and what you did
- an example of a time you’ve set to learn something
- a time where you’ve helped people when you didn’t have to (like during a project you’ve gone out of your way to help someone else) and how this benefitted you both
Afraid that is all I can remember but they were decidedly team/people oriented.
Hope this helps and you enjoy your interview.
Anyone have any tips for the AC? What sort of activities can we expect?