Next merchandiser assessment centre

They won’t have forgotten about you! Don’t worry!

I got through the telephone interview stage today (06 Sept) and they said they’d let me know when next Assessment Centre is that I’m going to attend.

Good luck to you Freefall, let me know how it goes, I might even see you there at the AC! :slight_smile:

what kind of questions did they ask you in your telephone interview. i heard most of them are competence questions which all employers ask, and they ask a random scenario question?

goodluck for the assessment centre! and hopefully will see you there!

Yeah, it’s mainly competence questions.

Start off with, “What do you know about Next?”, “Who do you think Next’s main competitors are?”

Competency questions such as “When have you overcome a problem, when did you improve something in your work environment?” - general competency questions - I found this link very useful - http://www.kent.ac.uk/careers/compet/skillquest.htm

Yeah, I got same scenario question as posted above. “A garment sells 600 units first week, second week and third week, in the fourth week it sells 900 units, what do you think the reasons for this could be?”

Just do your research and you’ll be fine, I even went into my local Next Store and got a mini-tour from the manager, so I’d advise going in a booking a timeslot, they’re going to be very helpful, best of luck to you!

I’ve just had an email saying I was successful in the first stage and will get an email with the links for online tests! :slight_smile:

Just wondering if once you receive the link there is a time limit to do the tests or do you do them when you first get the chance? In a way I’m hoping I don’t get the link for a few weeks as I’m a supervisor in retail anyway and inmy final year at Uni so I’m mega busy!

Hey Guys

Just read all the comments, and they seem really useful. I’ve also just had an email saying I’ve been successful in the first stage and will get an email to complete the online ability test.

Just wondering what kind of questions do they ask in the online ability test… Also as everyone seems to be saying that the numerical questions are really hard… What kind of questions do they give for you to solve… and any tips that i could have to be prepared for the test I’d be really greatful for.

Thank you

Hey Guys

Just read all the comments, and they seem really useful. I’ve also just had an email saying I’ve been successful in the first stage and will get an email to complete the online ability test.

Just wondering what kind of questions do they ask in the online ability test… Also as everyone seems to be saying that the numerical questions are really hard… What kind of questions do they give for you to solve… and any tips that i could have to be prepared for the test I’d be really greatful for.

Thank you

I have just received an email with the links for the online tests! That was much quicker than expected. It says I have five days from today to complete the test. I assume the maths questions will be similar to those in the application, just in more depth… so I guess I should do some percentage and ratio revision =)

Good luck shumzy!

Hey

I too received the email with links for the online ability test this morning, Do you think the maths test will be similiar… Im really worried about the maths ones. I think i shud start abit of revision too. Hope your one goes well too good luck. Let me know how it goes. =)

I Did the online ability test and found the numerical test really hard. I just about managed to finish half of the questions because i spent too much time on calculations, so I’ve failed it for sure. How did your test go. How long does it take for them to get back to after the ability test.

Hey Guys,

I have got the Next trainee buyer asessment centre coming up and I was just wondering if anyone could give me some tips. I would greatly appreciate any information from you guys that have attended.

Hope to hear from you soon

Thank you

Hey Guys,

Can someone please inform me how the telephone interview goes with NEXT for the trainee merchandising role?

AND do you have to do another maths test at the Assessment centre?!

Would Appreciate any feedback!

Thanks
xxx

Hi i saw your post ive got my ability test coming up? what sort of questions were the maths ones? im so worried what did they ask?
thanks in advance! x

i am in the process for applying for the role of a trainee merchandiser and i was wondering if people could help with the following questions…
1.Which two Retailers do you consider to be Nexts biggest clothing competitors?
Debenhams
Dorothy Perkins
George
M&S
Monsoon
New Look
Primark
River Island
TK Maxx
Top Shop
2. How would you best describe the main expectations of a typical Next customer? Please select two answers.
Activewear
Catwalk Fashions
Cheap Clothes
Classic Styles
Contemporary Designs
Designer Labels
Good Quality
High Fashion
On Trend
Value for Money
3. From the list below please indicate which two factors from the given choices will have the MOST direct influence on the retail industry over the next 12 months (an influence can be positive and negative)?
Competition from Supermarkets
Economic Climate
Ethical Consumerism
Loyalty Schemes
Online Shopping
Out-of-town Shopping
Press Coverage
Quick response to new Trends

also what is the word count of the cover letter?

any help would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

Hi guys found your threads really useful…Has anyone attended the assesment centre ? It’s been asked a few times on here but no one has answered it as yet?
Could someone enlighten me as I have applied for trainee buyers role. I would really appreciate if someone could tell me what the day consists of and what kind of questions are asked? Any advice will be really appreciated.
Thanks guys!

hi.
I have cleared my numerical and verbal test. has anyone been through the pre recorded video interview stage. what kind of questions were asked and was it difficult?
thanks. :smiley:

Hi, I have my pre recorded video interview in a few weeks and was wondering if you have done it already? What kind of questions did they ask? Which programme did you apply to? Thanks :slight_smile:

can anybody give a more updated information on next numeracy test?
How hard is it?
what could be the best percentage of correct answers?
thank you

I have just found out I have an assessment day for on thursday and wondered if anyone could enlighten me as to what the interview and group task might entail?