I have an in-person test for Global Reasoning Test as part of my application for Procter & Gamble which includes a Numerical Reasoning Questions section. I have found some practice questions on a 10 year old forum post but have not been able to find the correct answers for any of these questions anywhere online. I would like to ask if anyone could help me with these questions and let me know if the answer I had calculated is correct and if not how how do I get to the correct answer. I had been struggling with these questions particularly since I have not studied Maths since GCSE which was 9 years ago.
This is the link to the forum post for anybody’s reference http://www.nairaland.com/52182/questions-procter-gamble
- A box in the shape of a rectangular prism measures 26 centimeters (cm) by 26 cm by 13 cm. The box contains 32 solid cylindrical tubes. Each tube has a diameter of 6.5 cm and a height of 6.5 cm. Approximately what percent of the box is empty?
I got my answer as 68% but to be honest I have no idea how to calculate this. So I would like to know whether my answer is correct and how to get to the answer.
- Company X is opening two branch offices, one in the city and one in the suburbs. The income from the office in the city is expected to increase £15,000 each week, whereas the income from the office in the suburbs is expected to increase £7,500 each week. The office in the city will have £150,000 in start-up costs and £5,550 per week in advertising costs. The office in the suburbs will have £82,000 in start-up costs and £2,250 per week in advertising costs. In approximately how many weeks after start-up will the two offices have the same amount of profit?
I got my answer as 16 weeks but I was struggling when calculating as I was not sure how to properly work out how to answer this question. I tried one or two methods but I did not really get any of the answer options listed above.
- A set of six identical steps needs to be covered with carpet. Each step is 90 centimeters wide. The depth, or run, of each step is 30 centimeters, and the rise of each step is 25 centimeters. The carpet costs £12.00 per square meter. How much will it cost to carpet this set of steps?
I got my answer as £19.44.
- A project was 15% over budget at the end of the first quarter. During each month of the second quarter, the project team spent €2,500 less than the monthly budgeted amount of money so that the project would be back on budget by the end of the second quarter. What is the quarterly budget for the project?
I got my answer as € 30,000
- A tank contains 50,000 liters of water. Pump A removes 200 liters of water per minute from the tank. Pump B removes 100 liters of water per minute from the tank. Both pumps are started at the same time. When 5,000 liters of water remain in the tank, the flow of water from pump B starts returning to the tank. The two pumps continue to pump until there are 1,000 liters of water in the tank, and then both pumps are shut off. How long will both pumps run before they are shut off?
2 hours 30 minutes
2 hours 43 minutes
3 hours 10 minutes
3 hours 45 minutes
4 hours 5 minutes
I got my answer as 2 hours 43 minutes.
- A mixture for dry cement is 8 parts limestone, 7 parts clay, 4 parts gravel, and 1 part gypsum. A plant where dry cement is mixed has 2,000 cubic meters (m3) of limestone, 260 m3 of clay, 125 m3 of gravel, and 500 m3 of gypsum in stock. What is the greatest amount of dry cement the plant can produce using their available stock?
I got my answer as 818 m3