Need Help with Accomodation

Hi everyone,

I am going to start with a Big 4 firm next month. I am currently looking for a room, preferably located within walking distance from Southwark station. Please PM me if you know anyone who will be able to help. Thanks very much.

Usually Big 4 have some system in place where all new starters can contact each other to find/share accommodation. Phone HR.
Word of advice. DON’T use Foxtons. Bunch of unprofessional crooks and wide boys. Over-inflated prices and very pushy, bullshit sales talk. They pressurize you into deals. I hate them.
Sorry but I have a big hate thing about them.

tutor, just want to say thanks for that word of warning. I was tempted to use Foxtons because they tend to have a good list of well-maintained, attractive properties on their database. Any agents you do recommend?

tutor, just want to say thanks for that word of warning. I was tempted to use Foxtons because they tend to have a good list of well-maintained, attractive properties on their database. Any agents you do recommend?

Try private ads in eg Gumtree.
You need to watch out that agents can charge YOU a fee for finding you a rental. Sometimes they are negotiable.
PwC are usually pretty switched on putting all trainees in touch with each other.

Sharing with other trainees isn’t part of the plan as i’ll be moving in with my partner but i’ll definitaly keep an eye on the finder’s fee, thanks

Actually that sounds much more pleasant than sharing with another ACA trainee!! Presume your partner isn’t also doing ACA. It’s good to have someone to cook when you are cramming for the exams!!
It’s also much healthier to be able to not talk accountancy all the time.