Need answers to the following REAL questions

Without exception, living non human primates habitually move around on all fours, or quadrupedally, when they are on the ground. Scientists generally assume therefore that the last common ancestor of humans and chimpanzees (our closet living relative) was also a quadruped. Excactly when the last common ancestor lived is unknown, but clear indications of bipedalism, the trait that distinguishes ancient humans from other apes, are evident in the odlest known species Australopithecus, which lived in Africa roughly four million years ago.

1. Bipedal apes are more evolutionary advantaged than quadrupedal ones.
    True, False, Cannot say?

2. Bipedalism is the main trait that distinguishes ancient humans from Australopithecus
    True, False, Cannot Say?

Me and my editor/proof reader have been cracking my head on this one, but we are not certain, I am not gonna prompt you with my answers, although we have agreed on them.

Trying to leverage the wisdom of crowd here. Those are REAL PSL verbal reasoning question

please supply answer and your best description, just dont shout it out, please explain it too

1)Cannot say - that’s what I think. We cannot say that based on the text. We just know that non human primates use four limbs to walk and Australopithecus and humans use two.

1. False - Bipedalism distinguishes humans from apes, not ancient humans from Australopithecus - bipedalism is common sign for ancient humans and Australopithecus.“Clear indications of bipedalism, the trait that distinguishes ancient humans from other apes”-ancient humans were bipedal";“but clear indications of bipedalism”+“are evident in the odlest known species Australopithecus”-Austr. are also bipedal => thus bipedalism doesn’t distinguish them

What answers did you come up with?

1. I answered Cannot say then changed it to True. first of all let’s consider that statement in isolation. To answer ‘cannot say’ is tantamount to saying Bipeds are NOT more evolutionary advantaged, which means we (since we are the only biped primates) are NOT more evolutionary advantaged than other primates, I do not know if that statement will fly. I know this is not based on text.

However, evolutionary advantaged is NOT defined in this case. So you may be right. It could be advantaged to freaking climb trees.

Now i am confused…

1. I answered false too. Some analogy, … the text is saying “bipedalism, the trait that distinguishes ancient humans from other apes, are evident in the odlest known species Australopithecus” which means “Australopithecus are biped”, so are ancient humans, so BOTH are bipeds therefore it CANNOT be the distinguishing feature.
  1. Australopithecus is as closely related to ancient man as to the chimpanzee

True, False , Cannot say?

1. Cannot say - nothing in the text tells you that bipedalism results in evoloutionary advancement.

2.) False - indications of bipedalism, the trait that distinguishes ancient humans from other apes, are evident - this means that both species share the trait.

3.) I would probably say Cannot say - Chimpanzees (our closet living relative) - Passage says chimpanzees are our closest living relative, however i dont think it says that Australopithecus is as closely related to chimpanzees as it is to us.

I agree with LilShorty’s answers.

I do recognise the passge too - think I did those in a test at some point!

I second that I think LilShorty’s closest…