So I had my first round interview with BDO last week and at the end of the interview my interviewer told me that I have passed to the next stage.
It was a very relaxed atmosphere and we started off by talking about my application form. Then there were the competency based questions:
- Tell me about a time when you did not get along with someone in a team or at work/ had a conflict in a team.
- Tell me about a time when you had to communicate something to someone.
- Tell me about a time where you delivered exceptional client service? I gave him the same example as the one I wrote in the application form and he was ok with that.
- Tell me about a time when you had to promote a society or a cause
- Why BDO?
- Why Tax?
- What do you know about the service line you’re going into?
- What is your greatest achievement to date?
- What are the qualities you think you can bring to this role?
- He also asked me to list BDO’s values (yeah I know… really stupid question but luckily I remembered them).
- Have you applied anywhere else? If so, what stage are you with your offers? I just replied honestly.
- How would you go about choosing which company you would like to work for? I said that ideally I’d like an offer from BDO, but before making my final decision I would read through the contract, see how I found the application process and whether I felt like the company was a good match for me, and it would also depend on the lunch with the trainees because I would like to see what the people I will be working with are like
I think that’s it I really enjoyed the interview actually… BDO definitely rely on the relaxed atmosphere to lure their employees in