Moving to UK Find A Temporary Job


The UK is an island nation, but shares a open land border with Ireland. The flag of the United Kingdom is popularly known as the Union Jack or, more properly, Union Flag. As Wales was politically integrated into the English kingdom hundreds of years ago, its flag was not incorporated into the Union Jack. The Welsh flag features the Red Dragon of Cadwaladr, King of Gwynedd, superimposed on the Tudor colours of green and white.

If you’re looking for a job in the United Kingdom many of us use the internet in our job search now, as there are many ways it can take the legwork out of sorting through and applying for job vacancies., here’s a guide on what you need to get started on your UK. Job search, including information and advice on what jobs are available in Britain and where to look to find job vacanies in the UK.

If you are a scientist, any type of engineer, in IT (architect, analyst, designer, programmer), an environmentalist, medical practitioner, science teacher, chef, professional orchestral musician, or ballet dancer, then you will probably find it easy to get a job in the UK, as these occupations are all in short supply in the UK.

Universal jobseeker – government-run online search engine for jobs throughout the UK. There are also JobCentres on the high streets of larger towns throughout the UK where you can browse job vacancies in person.

You can browse thousands of full and part-time jobs in UK, upload your CV and manage applications on many of these UK-wide websites: Expatica jobs, EURES, Adecco, Adzuna, Careerbuilder, Everyjobsite, Fish4, Gumtree, Indeed, Jobsite,, Monster, Reed, Totaljobs, Trovit.

Specialist and Seasonal Jobs :
Careworx – care workers, social workers, nursing and managers
Caterer – hospitality, restaurants, hotels, pubs, bars and catering
Charityjobs – charities
Computer weekly – IT
CWJobs – IT
Design Week – design, branding, copywriting, artworking, exhibitions, graphics, interiors, furniture and packaging
Hays – management and professional level jobs
Justengineers – engineering
Madjobs – marketing and advertising
Mandy – TV and film
Music jobs – all aspects of the music industry including performers, producers, teachers
NHSjobs – jobs in all sectors of the National Health Service throughout the UK, from medics and nurses, through administration to cleaning and services
Prospects – graduates
Splashfind – top 100 UK specialist jobsites

Most recruitment agencies specialise in a particular sector like IT, retail, childcare or secretarial. Some agencies are ‘headhunters’ who are employed by large companies to recruit executives and professionals on their behalf. Others are ‘temping’ agencies who can help you find temporary work in offices and retail, for example. Look on the online phone book under ‘recruitment consultants’ or at Agency Central or Recruitment Search.

Once you’ve found a job in the UK, you need to prepare your application. If you get through to the interview stage you’ll need to know what to expect in a British job interview, and what to do – and not to do – during the interview. You must include information on British-style CVs and job interviews.

Best accomadtion sites ; accomadation and are the biggest and best sites
others are

Work Permit
If you’re from the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EU plus Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway) or Switzerland, as long as you have a valid passport or ID card, you don’t need a visa to come to the UK or a work permit to take on employment in the UK, unless you’re from the newer EU member, Croatia. If you’re a Croatian national, then you may need a registration certificate to work in the UK. See here for information. If you’re not from the EU/EEA or Switzerland but you’re living with a partner or other family member who is, then you can apply for residence card which shows employers that you’re allowed to work in the UK.

If you’re from outside EU/EEA or Switzerland
If you want to work in the UK you will have to have a work permit. Your employer in the UK has to apply for a work permit on your behalf relating to a specific workplace. Check the website given below to find out if you need a visa to come and work in the UK, and for information on the different types of visas available and how to apply for one.

information is taken from part of


I work with a temp recruitment company called National Temping Recruitment who are based in the UK and support jobs around the country.

Job roles range from Electrical Engineers to Pipe fitters & Plumbers. (


Daniel you can try Workers Direct which is also known one of the leading temping agency in London, Mostly they deals hospitality, catering and warehosing jobs acorss the city. You can register online,