It seems to me that a lot of graduates with city jobs tend to leave on their own. It seems quite crazy to me as it is so expensive. I’ve herd of people getting jobs in the 28-32K range (which I guess give you about 1700 net a month) and still asking money to their parents because they were renting one bedroom apartments and paying about 1200-1400 pounds a month for it.
Am I missing something?
Shall I try and break down pros and cons of each option to enable some analysis? I’d really like to hear from other people
LIVE ON YOUR OWN:
- you are on your own (i.e. you can burp as much as you want)
- you are on your own (i.e. no one to have a laugh with whenever you burp)
- costs a lot, which might affect location and/or the quality of the facility itself
SHARE WITH OTHERS:
- less expensive, therefore you can have a better location or a quality house
- if you live with interesting people, it’s just great
- you can find people who speak a certain language and practice it
- you get to know friends of friends, who may be nice people too
- even if you all love each other, you might still have to fight over the bathroom in the morning or complain/be told off about the washing up
- somebody you like might eventually move out and a total arse could move instead, spoiling everything
- in general, less freedom, the “your freedom ends where somebody else’s begin” kind of thing