Moving on after 3 years at a big 4 firm

Hi all,

I’m currently going through the stages with Deloitte and KPMG but have had an offer from PwC, which i think I’m going to accept. I was just wondering what the opportunities are to work abroard with PwC if anyone knows. I’m particularly interested in working in the US (but obviously after my ACA qualification is done) and was wondering i what the opportuniteis are for doing that within PwC. Do many people make the move or is it particularly difficult to transfer over there?

If anyone has any ideas I’d much appreciate it, thanks.

(Im in the london audit intake)

I work for KPMG, so I don’t know how helpful this will be. But apparently to work abroad at the end of your 3 years you need to have proven yourself as one of the higher performers in your peer group. I’d also imagine that opportunities in the US are v competitive. All the best though

From what I have heard from KPMG, Deloitte and EY (through interviews and partner interviews) ‘jbish’ sounds spot on. Again I have no knowledge of PwC but would assume they are similar to the other three.
I was told across the board that you would need to be a very high performer to secure a place and, not meaning to be flippant, they are not available for everyone. So almost like one of those things they advertise without really telling you how difficult it is to get there! Was told that work opportunities to less exciting destinations (is the US considered exciting?) was far more common however.
Either way let it motivate rather than dissuade you.
Congrats on your offer very well done.

It’s interesting what I read only yesterday. Quoting a current Deloitte associate in the financial services division of Audit service line:

Q. What does the future hold for you both at Deloitte and your Career?
A. I want to continue my career in Leeds and then once I’m qualified I would like to explore the possibility of a transfer to an offshore location. There is huge demand within the firm for people in places such as Bermuda and the Cayman islands since many financial services clients are based there for tax reasons.

So unless one is desperate to live the “American dream”, I suppose ACA qualified would open up the door to exotic destinations globally, such as Bermuda, Cayman Islands and other offshore locations (Jersey, Isle of Man, etc). Also to consider that not many people may want to leave the rosy and cosy location/place for various personal reasons.

Thanks for that, fingers crossed then.