Morrisons

Morrisons

Hi…
Have got an interview with Morrisons for a finance analyst position. I have passed the online test. Please if anyone has any information or advice on what the interview is like, I would really appreciate it.

Hi,

I have a telephone interview with Morrisons for Manufacturing graduate programme and wanted to ask if you had your interview yet? How did it go? Would you like to share what you were asked? Thank you

Sam

Hi, I have an interview for the Manufacturing graduate programme what are the kind of questions they ask?

Hey… has anybody had their assessment centre for Morrisons Graduate scheme yet? I have one coming up and was just wondering if anyone had any tips on it?
Many thanks :slight_smile:

Hey N S

How are you?

Are you going to the Morrisons Finance assessment centre on Wed 16th/ Thursday 17th February?

N/A

Hey day-88

I’m good thanks, how are you?

No, I’m going to the same assessment centre in March though, for the finance scheme. Are you going to the one in February?

Im good…

Ive got Finance assessemnt on wednesday / thurday this week… Not too sure what to expect.
Does you know if they have already had an a fiance assessment day already this year?

Ive only been to one other assessment day previously where we had to do

• Group Excercise/ discussion
  • Presentation
  • Values interview
  • Finance Interview
  • (Not assessed)- Discuss the results of the personality tests.

So I would assume it would be similar set up… Any ideas what else they might do? Any tray exercises that can be apart of finance assessments?
Any idea how many people going to each assessment day? Also how many positions?

Lots of questions…

Good luck!

I think your going to the first one, for the graduate scheme anyway - they only have two, one in Feb (the one your going to) and one in March (the one I’m going to).

Not quite sure what it will be about if I’m honest, did they not specify in an email they sent you? On the phone, she told me we would get an email with more details. But apparently, on the evening before a non-assessed kind of social event where we can ask questions, then the next morning at 9am-3pm the AC - we’ll have some exercises, and a proper interview, not sure what the exercises will be though sorry!

Did you get an email telling you much about what to expect?

Not sure how many positions they have, or how many people have got through to the final stage, but it would be interesting to know!

Hi
I am going to the Finance assessment day in march too.
What was the one like this week? What did it consist of?
Can we do any preparation for specific parts?
Thanks

Hi staceybacon… I’m going to the AC when you are… 16th March right? Did you get the email from them yesterday? How are you feeling? I don’t know how to prepare for it!

I’m going to the AC today too, no idea what to expect tomorrow though!

Hey! I was hoping to find out if anybody has received an offer for the finance grad scheme? I shall be looking to relocate to Leeds, is anybody else thinking of doing the same? Cheers x

Hey,

I’ve got an AC for Trainee buyer graduate programme tomorrow, has anyone been successful on any graduate programmes?

Hi All

Went to the manufacturing AC last week it went really well so thought I’d share my experience to others taking part in the future.

The day started at 8:30 in Morrison’s head office on bradford I arrived and met the fellow candidates before being taken to a conference room and introduced to the assessors (4 in total). Then a presentation on Morrison’s culture ethos etc for about 30 mins.

Then we all had individual interviews one-on-one quite open definitely not grilling or tricking you atall straight forward competency interview with ten questions in total.

Next up was the individual analysis/presentation exercise lasting one hr. The task centred around product selection for a new healthy range (seems most tasks pitched at standard graduate scheme level no scheme specific tasks eg manufacturing for me). You had 3 emails all asking for some info to be included in the presentation. After the hr the assessor came in and you deliver the presentation and 4-5 questions follow around your decisions etc… Then lunch with assessors 30 mins-ish.

Then the group analysis/presentation exercise lasting one hr. All candidates in one group ten minutes to read your role and idea you are responsible for promoting in the meeting and between group produce a presentation for the assessors collating your results. Surprisingly there were no questions at the end of the meeting.

Finally the individual role-play - my role was to play a team manager with the assessor playing a team member with a huge difficult in their job which you need to react to as the role-play is completely different to the brief you are given;) I had a similar-ish experience in my current job and handled it quite well I think…

Anyway this was my first AC and I know how helpful this website is for candidates.

Cheers

Hi All

Went to the manufacturing AC last week it went really well so thought I’d share my experience to others taking part in the future.

The day started at 8:30 in Morrison’s head office on bradford I arrived and met the fellow candidates before being taken to a conference room and introduced to the assessors (4 in total). Then a presentation on Morrison’s culture ethos etc for about 30 mins.

Then we all had individual interviews one-on-one quite open definitely not grilling or tricking you atall straight forward competency interview with ten questions in total.

Next up was the individual analysis/presentation exercise lasting one hr. The task centred around product selection for a new healthy range (seems most tasks pitched at standard graduate scheme level no scheme specific tasks eg manufacturing for me). You had 3 emails all asking for some info to be included in the presentation. After the hr the assessor came in and you deliver the presentation and 4-5 questions follow around your decisions etc… Then lunch with assessors 30 mins-ish.

Then the group analysis/presentation exercise lasting one hr. All candidates in one group ten minutes to read your role and idea you are responsible for promoting in the meeting and between group produce a presentation for the assessors collating your results. Surprisingly there were no questions at the end of the meeting.

Finally the individual role-play - my role was to play a team manager with the assessor playing a team member with a huge difficult in their job which you need to react to as the role-play is completely different to the brief you are given;) I had a similar-ish experience in my current job and handled it quite well I think…

Anyway this was my first AC and I know how helpful this website is for candidates.

Cheers

Hi guys

I had an assessment centre for the Logistics graduate scheme back in March and managed to get through to the next stage which was an interview, before finally being offered the job! The day was virtually identical to the Manufacturing AC mentioned above…individual interview, individual presentation, group presentation and role play. Was a busy day but pretty rewarding and I left feeling like I had done myself justice. Just go in with lots of energy, listen to others and try and make a valid contribution. Everyone is really friendly and they take the pressure off you which is ideal.

Good luck!

hi day_88

what was the interview like with Morrisons? iv gt mine very soon.
what sort of assessments did you have to do?

@sam_77

What scheme are you on Sam? Have you got ur assessment date yet or are you waiting for a telephone interview?

Since my last post I have been on a Morrisons site tour meeting with the management team there and have been offered a place on the Manufacturing program, which I gladly accepted. Starting salary is much better than I expected and I am relocating to start the job in September.

Good luck to everyone applying in the future