Morgan Stanley Technology- anybody who just finished the online test for Techonology?

Morgan Stanley

hey guys,

I just received an online test invitaion for technology yesterday. it said that the test may include numerical reasoning, verbal reasoning, logical reasoning and numerical checking, and the number of tests you are required to complete will vary depending on the programme you have applied to.

is there anybody who just finished these tests and tell me what tests I will take in fact in Technology.

Thanks for sharing.

I also received an online test invitaion for technology just a minute ago.I hope you have done yours well. Would you please let me what was included in the test and how difficult it was?

Thanks for sharing

well, i havnt done my test yet. i am trying to find some practices firstly. there is little related information on the Web and I only know that they will use PSL test instead of SHL.

Hi Guys

Just completed the online test

Its hard

Ran out of time on most of them

Hi Jay

Don’t worry about it if you ran out of time and missed some. As long as your most of questions are correct it will be cleared.
I have applied with Morgan Stanley in operations and they have only 2 tests for operations numerical reasoning and checking (like alike). Even i missed a few in like alike test but I cleared my tests and have phone interview this week.
One think they took ages to reply after online tests. For me they have replied after 20 days that i have been successful with my online tests.

Hope this helps.

DT

Thanks DT

Is there a percentage pass mark you need to get for a telephone interview?
I initially thought they would collate all the online tests and only offer an interview for the top 50% as an example.
How much notice have they given you for the telephone interview?
Good luck with it.

Jay

Thanks DT

Is there a percentage pass mark you need to get for a telephone interview?
I initially thought they would collate all the online tests and only offer an interview for the top 50% as an example.
How much notice have they given you for the telephone interview?
Good luck with it.

Jay

They email me first and said I have to book an Interview with in 2 weeks and when emailed them and choose next week they said they are conducting interviews up until Thursday ( emailed me on monday). So i have to choose Thursday.

In short I have got only 2 days to prepare and my interview is on coming thursday.

DT

Good luck.

Hope you do well

Hi DT
I have received an email saying they would like to move my application to August program. They said they will need my confirmation to schedule the first round interview.
Is it going to be a phone interview or onsite. Would you be able to give me some hints on what type of questions I should be prepared for after you done yours.

regards,
Sam

There are some practice questions on the PSL website but I doubt these are representative as I felt they were a bit too easy.

I was wondering how quickly do MS give you feedback on how well you do on the aptitude test??

I have to do my test by tomorrow and I am a bit nervous to say the least!

Hi Sam
I have no idea about this is it going to be phone interview or onsite. But in my case I just had a phone interview today after my online tests and I did ask the lady about what is the next stage but she didn’t knew any thing. She said its best to contact the one who send me invitation for interview in HR.
Soon i get the outcome of my interview I will let you know what is the next stage for me. i have applied in Operations.
It was quick interview 20-25 minutes.
She asked me questions like
How do i Know Morgan Stanley?
Why Morgan Stanley?
Why you choose Operations?
A time when i worked in a team? (How I mange, what i have contributed, what I have learnt etc)
Completed a Challenging goal? (How, what was it, what I have learnt from this)

Hope this helps.

DT

Hi caytaebner

On-line tests for Morgan Stanley was quite easy as compared to others.
I believe MS is quite slow in terms of giving feedback. I have been notified after 20 days that I have cleared my Online tests for there operation program and I am still waiting to hear the outcome of my Finance program.

DT

Ok thanks for the feedback DT!
Also the the questions above obviously are very hand should I pass this stage.

ALSO DT the numerical testing I assume was the standard of percentages, exchange rates and graphs?

And one more also … what is numerical checking I am not familiar with this type of aptitude testing?

Hi DT
Thanks for sharing the info. Weren’t you supposed to have a technical interview, the questions they asked were competency question rather than technical. I am having my interview next week and they said the interview will cover technology fundamentals and is designed to test my current technical knowledge but also your aptitude.
Does anyone have any idea on what sort of questions am I going to be asked?

Thanks

Hi Sam,

I find most of banks ask competency questions to their Operation candidates. But as for technology, they ask technical questions. So we need to review what we have learnt at the college. When will you take your telephone interview?

Chuyi

Mine will be next Thursday!!

Does anyone have any info on the assessment centre for technology. Funny, i didnt do any online test. first a phone interv, then AC, and my email about the details of the AC didnt mention any thing about online tests. So I am psyched about that, big time.