Mitchells and Butlers

Discovery

I noticed no one has posted any information about the Mitchells and Butlers graduate scheme selection process.

During the phone interview the main thing you discuss is your application form and the responses you gave regarding the licensed retail industry. It is only twenty minutes long and you do not need to know much about the company.

During the discovery day, the first thing you are required to do is to say your name, where you come from and if you were an alcoholic drink, what would you be and why.

You then proceed to the group discussion where you are given a problem sheet which you have time to study. You then are required to work as a group to discuss the problems and then present your findings back to the assessors.

Over lunch you have the opportunity to talk to some of the current graduates at the firm.

You then are asked to do your presentation in front of one assessor about the four most important core values for a company. After this, your assessor will ask you questions about your presentation, about yourself and about the company.

In the final stage of assessment centre you have to complete a written numeracy test.

Hi, i have a telephone interview for Mitchell and Butlers corporate scheme coming up on the 24th October 2011, was just wondering whether you could give any help on this as well as any information on the assessment centre in case i manage to get to it.

cheers,

Mike

I had a phone interview with M&B on the 3rd January 2011 and got:

Why Mitchell’s and Butler’s?
Why the retail and hospitality industry?
Tell me about a time you worked in a team?
Tell me about a time you had to persevere through a setback?
She read through my application questions and asked how did I think legislation on displaying calories would affect M&B?
And finally why should we hire you? (what a bitch of a question)

I didn’t get through.

Thanks for the above info, I’m sure it will come in very useful.

Just wondering if anyone has had a phone interview more recently who can share some insight?

Thanks

Has anyone done a 2013/14 telephone interview yet? I’ve got one tomorrow and just want to cover all bases!

Thanks for all the info. There is not much on M&B on the internet, this is the only place where I could find something. Alilawson101 did you receive your result? How was it? :slight_smile:

Hi, yes I heard during the interview that I’d been successful and off to an assessment centre next week! What about yourself?

That’s great, well done! They did not tell me during the interview (which might be a bad sign), they said they will let me know by the end of the week. Hopefully it will be a positive response, as I quite like them :slight_smile:

Thanks guys! Can anyone who has had there telephone interview for the current scheme give any tips or advice?