McKinsey Case Study Preps (over Skype)

WikiJob

Hello dear Wikijob members,

I have just returned from a sabbatical year and am taking 30 days to get up to speed with news, revisiting university modules and practicing cases/competency questions before applying to McKinsey.

I do have a very good grade from St.Andrews, Scotland (UK) (a non-target as far as I know) and had completed a relevant Masters (i.e. Finance/Management) with a First/Distinction before turning 22 as well as an internships in a top law firm and a top investment bank (both with positive letters of recommendation).

Would this greatly reduce my chances of a first interview? Am I better off just focussing on other toptier MC firms?

From all the information I have read on McK & Co. in the past weeks (I spoke to an ex-employee), I would be a perfect fit and they seem to embody the values and work environment I have looked for.

Would anyone like to do a few practice case studies over skype?
Please PM me. I am located in central Europe and so we would have to work out a time that works for both of us if you are located across the Atlantic.
Best of luck to everyone and hopefully I can buy the successful candidates a beer on an internal social function!

no replies at all?

bump di bump
Send me a PM - I got cases and am prepared.

Hello trainee2010. I am an undergraduate student to be interviewed by McKinsey next week for BA position. I think your cases will be more inclined towards startegy and quant analysis.

If you wish to do a quick practice add me on skype: apar00. Let me know.

I’m also interested, email thiswayplease@hotmail.com if you’re still looking.

Hello Trainee2010,

I’m currently in the process of filing the application form to McKinsey UK. Have you already done so??

I can definetly practice the case studies with you. Please let me know if you are still interested.

Regards.
Ummeibbe

Hey ummeibbi,

I’m currently applying for McKinsey too for the Business Analyst position.

Would also be willing to practice case studies with you if you want. Let me know if you are interested.

Cordy

Hello Cordy,

Im defiently interested topractice case studies with you. When is an appropriate time for you? im not sure where you are living. Im in UK. for me the best iome would be after 7 pm monday to thursday. please le me know your preference and we’ll se a mutually suitable time.

regards,
ummeibbi

Hello Guys,

I want to practice McKinsey tes with anyone interested o do them on skype.

Please let me have a skype id and we can talk and decide the time. Im open to any time of any day.

Regards,
ummeibbi

Guys,

I am also preparing for Mckinsey case interview. Would be great to have some one to practice with over skype as well.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

mcprep

Hi guys, have you had the PST yet, if so how did it go? Thanks!

hi guys, is it possible to share the case study with you also. I have an interview with morrisons and i have just been told that it will involve a case study. so i will like to familarise myself with case study. Will be very grateful if you can share the ones you got with me as well. pls let me knw asap

hi, is it possible to share the case study with you also. I have an interview with morrisons and i have just been told that it will involve a case study. so i will like to familarise myself with case study. Will be very grateful if you can share the ones you got with me as well. my will be on retails. have you got any on retail? pls let me knw asap

Hi, I have my interview with McKinsey for graduate position coming up in the next few weeks. Does anyone want to practice some cases with me over skype? Nihal

Hi. I would love to practice some cases over skype. Anyone interested?
Thanks

Anyone still keen to do cases over skype?

I’m interested! please send me mail and we will negotiate time and eth

Hey, if you’re interested in practising cases let me know.

Kirsten

Hi still need someone to practice with?

After an interview invite, I also should practice cases. PM me