Mazars Tax Intake 2015

Mazars LLP

Was recently successful in my first round interview with Mazars for Tax 2015 and noticed that only audit questions had been postd so I thought I’d lend a hand.

The interview starts with an article (mine was on overconsumption of sugar) and you are left to read this article and make relevant notes (based on guiding questions provided) for 10 mins after which the interview then asks a few questions. Advice I’d give here is try to think about an innovative, realistic solution that considers as many stakeholders as possible,

We then progressed to the competency part of the interview. I was asked:
Why did I choose my uni? Why did I choose my course? Why Tax? What I knew about the ACA? Example of where I’d worked as a team? When have my plans/aims failed and what I learnt as a result of them failing? When I’ve been let down by a team member and what did I consequently do and what would I do differently? Difficulties Mazars are facing and what can Mazars do to overcome these difficulties/challenges? (I’d be really specific here and try to think of Mazars as whole, not just Tax)

Also, try your best to build a rapport with the interviewer!! I think I let myself down on some of my answers in hindsight, but I really got on with the interviewer and it really highlights your interpersonal skills!

Good luck!

Hi Arthur

This is great info, really helpful! Thanks very much for posting here and I hope other Mazars candidates find this useful.

My interview was pretty similar to that (but for audit) - I didm’t think I answered the questions very well either tbh, but got on well with the interviewer. You got an assessment day coming up?

I had an interview that involved pretty similar questions to what you said (but for audit). I also didn’t think my actual answers were very good - but I got on well with the interviewer so think that paid off. Do you have an assessment centre coming up?

not sure why I posted that twice lol

Yeah same! And I have an AC later this week, you?

Got one beginning of next week - yours in london?

Yep, mine’s in London too! Looking forward to it but also nervous

Yeah mine will be my first one so I’m pretty nervous too! I’ll have to ask you how it was after you’ve done it! I’ll send you a message!

No worries :slight_smile:

For those that are interested in a role within standard Audit (External), in 2014 the start salary is £24,000. There is the potential that it may have rised by a £1,000. You are required to make sure that you are taking your ACA exams which is the case with most professional firms.
Public Sector Internal Audit however has a start salary of £20,000 with 20 days annual leave. You are not given any study leave and you will have to utilise your Annual leave allowance. There is the discretional 1-2 days however. Promotion and salary levels are as follows where you will see that it rises in P level and then M - although consider this with a tolerance of +/- £1000 taking into account Market changes. It’s usually when people obtain their qualifications that they jump ship and go from professional services to industry.
P1 – 1st year - £20,000
P2 – 2nd year - £24,000
P3 – 3rd year – £28,000 (If your performing well, you can skip P3)
(Assistant Manager) P4 – 4th year - £32,000
M1 pre-requisite of 2 years at this level (Manager) – Around £40-45K
M2 (Senior Manager) - N/A

Hey everyone,
I’m applying for tax at Mazars this year so I’m just wondering if you guys could please give me information about the assessment day at Mazars. Thanks in advance

How do you answer the question ‘Difficulties Mazars is facing’. Any ideas?

Hi! How did you find the AC? I have mine next month.
Thanks in advance.