Lloyds Bank Numerical Online assessment

Google

If you have reached the online aptitude (reasoning) tests stage with Lloyds Bank then this information could be useful for you. I have posted information on several recruitment tests as I have applied to many graduate programmes since last year. I hope you will find it useful. pls share if you have more information as I know I would be better off if I knew this stuff earlier (I failed many tests before).

Lloyds will require you to take 2 online reasoning tests, namely, Numerical Reasoning and Verbal Reasoning tests. These are administered by SHL. SHL test format is widely used by FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 companies.

The Numerical Test consists of 18 questions with 18 minute time limit. You can go back and forth and change the answers (but don’t do it). The level of difficulty varies and proper preparation using tutorials is a must! I think the best place to learn how to get a top score is from GraduateMonkey (just google the name). You will need to look for SHL type tutorial they have. I used graduatemonkey tutorials myself, amazingly well organised into data types/contexts so you will remember different types of problems. On the downside, their Ebook is available online only although their tutorial videos are helpful (showing shortcuts, etc). It took me 3 days to prepare using their material and I got 80th percentile on my num. I failed the same test last year with 45% score and I still regret not paying attention to the test. but i improved this time which means we can all improve.

Good luck to everyone taking the test !!!

Cheers,
Daren

Hi Mate, thanks but you forgot to mention about the Verbal reasoning test of lloyds bank. It is 30 questions and 19 minutes as far as I remember. The verbal test is an easy one but the numerical is a bit challenging for dummies like myself. What is graduatemonkey, is it a new test provider by the way? Do they provide video tutorials also?

Are you promoting GraduateMonkey? :wink: or just became obssessed with it? just curious :slight_smile:
brian

to bgood031:
Am I promoting graduatemonkey? The answer is NO. But at least I am not asking useless and stupid questions, mate! I have added useful and practical information for test takers.

lloyds online tests are as tough as BarCap Investment banking tests in my opinion OR are BarCap tests very easy?

I just turned down an offer from Lloyds in favour of Deloitte! :slight_smile:

How long did it take for you to hear back from them after you did the online tests? 1-2 days or longer?

Hi guys, I have verbal test in few days time. Any suggestions would be helpful.

cheers.

For the verbal test, practice at assessmentday.co.uk they have a lot of practice test material. For numerical definitely choose graduatemonkey, they offer 3-in-1 packs with ebooks, videos and practice tests. I have been using it since September. It is greater value for money. The downside is that I have not seen any verbal packs on their site.

has anyone had any experience with graduatemonkey, are they any good? I saw their aptitude test preparation tutorial (Ebook, videos and practice tests) packs start from £19 per pack. Not sure if it is worth my money. Looking for a prompt response.
thanks a lot in advance!

Do you guys know if Lloyds is still accepting applications? E.g. anyone who just passed an interview recently? I could not figure out from their website. Thank you in advance!

Hi wikijobers,

I just passed to the second stage in Lloyds recruitment and I don’t know what kind of tests to expect. They say that it is SHL format. Anyone has experience with this?

thanks a lot!
Sarah

Thanks a lot for the useful info!! appreciated

Two more weeks until Lloyds Bank begins their 2016 UK recruitment! Heads up boys and girls.

I think the best source of preparation for the Lloyds SHL reasoning tests is graduatemonkey. The downside is that they don’t provide interview preparation packs yet (

Does Lloyds bank only use SHL format in all of their assessments?