Liquid Capital Trader program

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of Liquid Capital or their trading graduate scheme? What do people think of the company itself? I am just a bit sceptical because they refuse to pay for expenses for any assessment events they have and it seems a bit strange to me…

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

[QUOTE=jungle_boogie;1399]Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of Liquid Capital or their trading graduate scheme? What do people think of the company itself? I am just a bit sceptical because they refuse to pay for expenses for any assessment events they have and it seems a bit strange to me…

Any advice would be greatly appreciated![/QUOTE]

Hey,

Not all employers pay expenses for interviewees, especially for first stage interviews.

It could be a sign that they interview a large amount of candidates, but are quite a small company, i.e. they’re quite picky, but don’t want to overspend on recruitment. It’s not a sign that they’re a bad company though.

If you’d be coming a long distance to interview with Liquid Capital, you could always try to tie-in an interview with a different firm (who do pay expenses) on the same day (or day after/before).

How did you find out about LC and what do you like about them?

I found out about them on efinancial careers but all I have found out have been good things as they are the ones talking about themselves so the information is very subjective. It will cost me just over a hundred to go down to them and they have about 4 stages. I don’t think they pay for expenses for any of these stages which for a company looking to employ traders seems a bit cheap!

Might just be me that thinks this way which is why I need someone with experience of dealing with them or just an objective view of the company.

…yes. frankly, it is a bit cheap of them. efinancial is rather ‘marketing friendly’ so I can see your point… I’ll try to do some research with a view to developing a wiki on them…

One thing you can do is call HR and ask them exactly how things stand regarding expenses and if there are any situations when they would consider paying for applicants to attend interviews. It might just turn out that they do pay expenses - it’s just an error on e.f.

If you’re coming a long way, which it sounds like you are, and it’s going to cost you over £100, they should really be paying for it. It doesn’t set a good example for how they look after their grad employees if nothing else…

I called HR and they said they don’t cover any expenses (as a company policy). I might attend the testing session if I happen to be in London at the time but I’m not so keen on the job (and doubnt I would take it even if offered) if they don’t even cover the expenses… Is that really shallow of me? It just seems unreasonable to me…

No its fair. It doesn’t sound like the best firm does it. Found anywhere else interesting?

Hi all,

I just completed the numerical and logical reasoning test for the Trainee Trader program starting Jan 25. Has anyone else completed these tests or heard anything back from HR?

L

hey,

completed the tests about a week ago, have not heard anything back yet.

Hi all,
I’m on the same boat. I completed the tests (SHL) on Dec 26 and have not heard anything back yet.

Any news for you?

Anyone heard anything back? I’ve also written the test a few weeks ago. They said Jan 25 start date… don’t know how likely that is.

same here - did not hear a word. maybe the AC will be on the 25th and you can just stay there if you pass

dinged.

Many thanks for your patience. We have now reviewed your CV (and the results of any tests that you took) and we regret to say that we will not be taking things any further. We received many applications some of which matched our criteria more closely than yours. This has been very competitive and I am sorry if this is a disappointment for you.

I am sorry that you have not been successful this time and wish you all the very best with your search.

Same message for me.

yep rejection letter…

Guys,
What was the format of the SHL test? Was it numerical and verbal?

Thanks

Anyone here been past the tests and got to the interview? What is the format?

I’ve got the SHL tests coming up in a week or so. Is it just the standard fayre or is it more tough than the big banks? For a Trading program I’d expect it to be a bit more like the Tibra/Optiver standard of questions.

Thanks a lot in advance to anyone contributing.

Hi there i sat the tests on May 3rd 2010 haven’t heard anything back yet, 1 shl test standard and a acer test. How did u get on, when did you hear back, i haven’t heard any feedback yet? Date wise i think you must have sat them earlier than me did they take long to get back to you??

I got the email about the numeracy test at the start of April, deadline was the 30th. I just did the one SHL numerical, didn’t get a second test. Guess it means I wasn’t up to scratch. When did you get asked to do yours?

I’m sceptical about that though as I’m very experienced in those SHL tests and find them straightforward. Numeracy is my biggest strength in these applications. Does anyone know if they take into account the time it takes you to finish or is it just raw mark?

(Mine was for the London office btw.)

Hi no mine was for a graduate quant trader role in Australia starting July 2010. I was asked to take Shl which i did then the next day I got a email to sit another Acer test by the 3rd of May another maths aptitude test. I havent heard anything back yet I dont know what to think. Im applying from UK I saw job advertised on efinancialcareers.

Hey,

I took the standard SHL tests ages ago… just received an email today saying that I passed the tests, and I have been invited to sit yet another SHL test! This process is quite long, and they take a long time to respond…

A.