Legal and General Telephone Interview

I have a short telephone interview for investment management position tomorrow, anyone know what they will ask me?

Cheers

Hi kkhimji2001

I have also applied for the LGIM graduate position. I applied on the 15th 9the deadline was on the 18th0 and I was wondering when you heard from them about the interview?

They said to keep the 22nd and 29th free for interviews and I am yet to hear back from them. If they had rejected my application I hope they would have emailed me.

did you take the online test?

No, I haven’t received any correspondance from them. Can I ask when you got the email about the online test?

Not sure precisely but under a week, but been waiting over two weeks for feedback, not sure i did well though

Did the tests about a week and a half ago but haven’t heard anything. Has anyone been rejected post tests pre interview yet?

Yh I did the test about a few weeks ago but i got sent a message saying I should do the test again really confusing so not sure what they are up to.

anyone heard anything from LGIM?

I too applied for the lgim graduate position. I got through to the telephone interview (usual standard questions mainly)on the 14th of july and the guy who took it told me they were running assessment centres on the 22nd and 29th. However i still havent heard anything back from them. Naturally i am assuming that my application was unsuccessful but sure they would have the common decency to send me an e mail saying thanks but no thanks. However having said that he did say they were working through a number of applications.
I would love to hear everyone elses story and if anyone actually got to the assessment centre

I too applied for the lgim graduate position. I got through to the telephone interview (usual standard questions mainly)on the 14th of july and the guy who took it told me they were running assessment centres on the 22nd and 29th. However i still havent heard anything back from them. Naturally i am assuming that my application was unsuccessful but sure they would have the common decency to send me an e mail saying thanks but no thanks. However having said that he did say they were working through a number of applications.
I would love to hear everyone elses story and if anyone actually got to the assessment centre

I did the online test but havent heard from them since then

I had the telephone interviews with L&G and I was sent an email last Wednesday that I didn’t go through to the Assessment Centre. They told me they received 1500 applications, interviewed 70 and only 16 went to the Assessment Centre.

sorry mate,

what kinda questions did they ask you. I applied for the IT role and I am dreading questions they are going to ask but fore knowledge will allow me to prepare.

Thanks

Basically it’s the standard questions such as why l&g, why the specific area. Then they asked some competency ones and they had some rather tricky ones such as tell me a thing you feel passionate about. You should be fine if you prepare well

20 went to the AC, 5 got the job…

Any one going to the assessment centre on 31st August??.

I will give LGIM one thing…They are thorough…With this much to do in assessment centre, you cant employ the wrong person…

Does anyone have any update about their application adventure with LG or LGIM?

I was at the AC but didn’t get the job… ask me anything

@bluechip…did u appply for the I.m role or the IT. I did the AC but I just want them to get back to me to say I got it or not.the wait is killing.how long did they take before getting back to to you?

The nice ladies there said for IT- they are interviewing 7 people for tentatively 2-3 positions… Better odds than the inv management route I bet.

I went for the IM role… did they tell you when you should expect an answer? If you don’t hear from them when they said you would, that’s probably not a very a good sign as they wait until all of the grads that were offered a place accept before rejecting the rest. But you never know, I wouldn’t really assume anything before they let you know… They got back to me in 1 week after the AC.