LCP Graduate Scheme 2011

Hi,

Has anyone applying to LCP heard back from them regarding their graduate applications. I applied ages ago but haven’t heard back.

Thanx

Hi,

I applied in september and went for an assessment day in the middle of November and was offered a job on the day. Did you get a letter saying they received your application? the assessment centre days run in november and december.

Hi holly123,

I received a letter saying they are processing my application but no more news after that :S
I just wonder, how did they contact you to the assessment centre?

Hi pysam88,

They rang me at the beginning of November and asked me to attend a recruitment day and then wrote to me again to confirm my attendance and details about what the day would involve. Which office have you applied to? They do the London recruitment days first and theyve had both recruitment days for the london office now i think.

Hi holly123,

Thanks for your reply. I applied to London office too, but have no reply after that letter, no call received from them too. :S

Hope they will call me soon for the recruitment day.

Hi,

Pysam88 are you still waiting for LCP? I applied early November and haven’t heard anything regarding my application being successful or not :confused:

R

Hi Remski,

I have not got any reply yet too. :S

I emailed them and if turns out I was unsuccesful :confused: apparently my application wasn’t good enough… Good luck to anybody else who’s still waiting!

If your still waiting now, you have been simply rejected. They hold their ACs November/December time.

Same happened to me, waited til February until I got a rejection letter.

Hi holly123, i got a call on monday calling me to the interview day which is on monday coming in London. I also applied in november, so they took their time!
Could you tell us what you did and what the group task was and how interviews were?

Thanks

Hey.

Could anyone share their experiences during the AC for the actuarial trainee programme a little? What were the types of things you needed to do? Thanks for any input.

yes, i’ve been to the AC, was unsuccessful : (. you can expect an abstract reasoning test and two really taxing interviews, each with two consultants lasting 45mins. in the 1st one you’re asked about LCP, your motivation to join the firm, what you’ve read in the news recently… the 2nd interview was worse, as it consisted of competency-based quesitons and they did not ask the same questions that i had on my application form.
you can also expect several hypothetical scenario questions (eg. what would you advise to a client who wants to sell their core business but keep the pension scheme?).

i felt pretty much drained by the end of the day… dont really think one could prepare well for all of these. best what you can do is listen carefully and make your answers as specific as possible, some of my answers lacked enough ‘depth’, as i was told.

yes, i’ve been to the AC, was unsuccessful : (. you can expect an abstract reasoning test and two really taxing interviews, each with two consultants lasting 45mins. in the 1st one you’re asked about LCP, your motivation to join the firm, what you’ve read in the news recently… the 2nd interview was worse, as it fully consisted of competency-based quesitons and they did not ask the same questions that i had on my application form.
you can also expect several hypothetical scenario questions (eg. what would you advise to a client who wants to sell their core business but keep the pension scheme?).

i felt pretty much drained by the end of the day… dont really think one could prepare well for all of these. best what you can do is listen carefully and make your answers as specific as possible, some of my answers lacked enough ‘depth’, as i was told.

Cheers for that, its really helpful. Was your AC for the grad role or summer internship and in your first interview did they ask you any really technical questions?

sorry just saw it :). yes it was a graduate position and there were loads of questions about the market trends and about the company. but you’re not expected to tell anything about DB/DC or other technicalities.