KPMG Tax Application

ICAS

Hi,

I am applying to KPMG under the tax programme in London. I originally applied to Audit ACA in Nottingham as this programme was not available in London and this is the department I have always wanted to get into. However, as I live in London and working here is more beneficial to career progression I changed this to Tax in London as I will still work towards the ICAS CA qualification as well as CIOT. However I am greatly attracted to the Corporate Tax function and just found out that my application is for the Pesonal Servies Tax department. I sent an email regarding this and found that Corporate Tax is full. I am confused as on the website it states that all graduates join the Tax scheme and then specialize at the interview stage.

I also have enquiries about Personal Services Tax, as I have not really been interested in this field. Will this role deal with the exact same qualifications of ICAS and CIOT that corporate tax does? As the first year is generally training towards examinations, does anyone know whether it would be possible to transfer to corporate tax after I start the programme at any stage, possibly the second year of the scheme?

I would really appreciate if anyone could help me in any way.

Many thanks