KPMG Questions

KPMG
The Graduate

I was applying for the graduate scheme at KPMG and i wanted advice on the answers for the 3 questions in the application forms . I am not asking for an answer of course, but if some one can supply the key points one needs to address in each question i would be grateful . The questions are
What attracts you to the position you have applied for ?
Why do you want to work for KPMG?
What do you think you will be doing in your first year at KPMG?
Thanks in advance

What line of service are you applying for? Audit? Tax?

Merry xmas!

I am applying for IT Advisory

merry Xmas

What attracts you to the position you have applied for ?

For this you need to clearly show your motivation for working in IT advisory. IT advisory is a very specific role, where you will be consulting to offer IT advice to KPMG’s clients. For example, a company wants to implement a new IT system, KPMG will tell them how best to go about it.

For you the principle reasons you may want to work in IT advisory are:
[LIST]
[]A motivation to help clients implement better technical solutions
[
]You have experience in IT and are interested in technical work and developing your skills.
[/LIST]

Make sure you attack both the IT and the advisory bits with valid points.

Why do you want to work for KPMG?

This is a tough question because KPMG is not a market leader in IT advisory, however, you can make points such as:
[LIST]
[]Quality of training offered by KPMG
[
]Great teamworking attitude of KPMG
[]Support of colleagues
[
]The great work KPMG does in the community (make sure you are aware of this because you will be asked this at interview)
[]Possibilities for career advancement in KPMG
[
]Reputation of KPMG
[/LIST]

You will be asked this question at interview as well, however it will likely be phrased, “What separates KPMG from other firms and why do you want work for KPMG instead of the others?”

What do you think you will be doing in your first year at KPMG?

You absolutely need to know the answer to this. You will be asked it at interview as well. If you answer this question wrong, you will be showing that you do not know what you are getting yourself into and haven’t done your research. In this case, you absolutely will not get the job.

Unfortunately I don’t know what you will be doing in your first year at KPMG in IT advisory (not my field of expertise). Certainly one part of it will be training.

The best thing you can do is phone up KPMG and tell them that you are thinking of applying to IT advisory and you wanted to know what it was like and what sort of things you wil be doing in your first year. They would be more than happy to tell you, and may even offer you the chance to come in and ask them questions before you even apply.

Hope this helps! Also make sure you check out the WikiJob profile for KPMG at http://www.wikijob.co.uk/wiki/KPMG

Chris

Thank you very much Chris for this invaluable help I really appreciate it :slight_smile: Cant thank you enough

Wish you a Merry Xmas and a happy new year