KPMG online reasoning tests - explained

Deloitte
Google

Hi grads,

Hi everyone,

I just did my KPMG test and I got 75th percentile result which I am told is a decent result given the renowned difficulty of Cubiks tests. KPMG uses Cubiks test and is considered to be the hardest of all Big 4 accountancy tests. PwC uses SHL(fair), Deloitte uses Kenexa/PSL (fair) and Ernst & Young uses Saville Swift Analysis (easy) tests. However, KPMG has been using Cubiks whose tests are the most challenging not only in accountancy but in the entire graduate recruitment industry.

In case you are expecting online assessment, note that KPMG will require you to take 2 online reasoning tests, namely, Numerical Reasoning and Verbal Reasoning tests.

The Numerical Test consists of 24 questions with 20 minute time limit. The level of difficulty varies and proper preparation using tutorials is a must! I think the best place to learn how to get a top score is from GraduateMonkey (just google the name). You will need to look for Kenexa type tutorial they have which I think may be the closest thing to Cubiks tests. I used graduatemonkey tutorials myself, very well organised into data types/contexts so you will remember different types of problems. On the downside, their Ebook is available online only although their tutorial videos are helpful (showing shortcuts, etc). It took me 4 days to prepare using their material and I got 75th percentile on my num ! I failed my KPMG test last year with 34% score and I still regret not paying attention to the test. but i improved this time which means we can all improve.

The Verbal Reasoning Test consists of 40 questions to be answered in 20 minutes only. The key is to read the questions very quickly FIRST then look for answers in the paragraphs. You will still need a lot of practice and proper tutorial. JobTestPrep and assessmentday practice tests should be good to practice. I prefer assessmentday because they provide the same material in bigger quantities but cheaper price - so you have lots of practice if you have the time!

Anyway, the BEST of luck to ALL of us who are now applying to grad schemes !!!

Cheers,
Daren

Personally, I find KPMG aptitude tests the most difficult. I don’t think anyone ever managed to get 100% on these tests. Neither graduatemonkey nor jobtestprep or assessmentday may have the right material for people to prepare and get 90% or higher on Cubiks (KPMG) tests. Sorry for being negative but that is not even needed. I passed with 60th percentile (I felt inferior) but then I found graduates who passed with 35th percentile scores. Anyway, I have used the above sources to their credit and recommend them. But don’t try to be a genius, just get sufficient results to pass to the interview stage (the main goal).

Thanks for the info! Very helpful mate. I was able to pass KPMG, finally!

KPMG Cubiks tests. Taking one is like watching a horror movie !

I love KPMG tests :slight_smile: they challenge my intellect properly

who is graduatemonkey? seems like a funny name for a test prep pack provider :slight_smile:
have you tried greenturn? they cover Big 4 tests.

" I don’t think anyone ever managed to get 100% on these tests."
I think I got 39/40 on the numerical test, my touchpad went a bit crazy in the last minute (spilled some water on it) and I couldn’t move the cursor over to the right answer on the final question on time :frowning: Still ended up in the 99th percentile and 97th for the verbal test. Was pretty surprised as these are the first tests I’ve ever done of the sort and haven’t seen any practice paper!

To me it seems that graduatemonkey numerical packs are better than grenturn’s. Although they don’t provide verbal test tutorials which is a pity :frowning:

hey guys, does anyone is aware or has a discount code/voucher for graduatemonkey subscription SHL Kenexa test preparation packs. I would really appreciate if you could send one if you happen to have it for graduatemonkey. I know they used to do discount codes but I could not find one on their site.

For KPMG Inductive (Non-verbal) Reasoning test takers, you can also try Logical Reasoning Test pack from Graduatemonkey, the prep pack is suitable for both Cubiks, SHL and Kenexa tests (they are almost identical, when it comes to Logical/Inductive test). It is brilliant, organised and in easy-to-watch video format (you can watch on your tablet as well as PC).

Hi everyone! Preparing for an assessment (kenexa type) in two weeks time and I need good study materials to get my leg in the door (interview).

Victor Bassey

Hi there,

Any luck with the bundle pack? Also I’m guessing you passed the KPMG situational judgement test–could you please help me with mine? Thanks a lot

Does anyone know if KPMG is still hiring? Their website does not state clearly :frowning:

Hi guys. Has anyone been successful with KPMG application recently? Can you pls share your experience asap. Thanks a lot. Cheers. Simon

Hi guys. Has anyone been successful with KPMG application recently? Can you pls share your experience asap. Thanks a lot. Cheers. Simon

Hey guys, do you know anyone who has already applied for a KPMG graduate position for 2014-2015 recruitment period? I am not sure it has already started but some countries seem to open earlier (I am from Australia).

PS. Also, do you think the reasoning test formats are the same (as explained above) in most countries or could they vary in format, timing, etc?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi guys!

Where did you get the percentage results from? I have completed tests, but nobody gave me percentages…

Thanks!
Vlad

Hey Vlad, have you got your result? I finished the test and only got an email stating they will check my application but didn’t tell me whether I passed it.

The application is now out for 2015 graduate programs

Hi, I done my verbal test yesterday , and after one day, I haven’t receive any email about if I pass or fail in verbal test. But I received a email to ask me to do numerical test. I am wondering whether KPMG will tell me if I pass or fail in Verbal test?

Many Thanks
Rui