I found the numerical quite difficult, and guessed the last few answers - but passed! From this site and others it seems like the consensus is that the numerical is quite tough.
If you’re successful, then you will be invited to interview via telephone. The invitation will explain which competencies that will be assessed, this will depend upon the service line that you have applied for. As I applied to Public Sector Audit, I was assessed on:
- Makes an Impact
- Career Motivation
- Commercial Awareness
Specifically, I can remember the following questions:
- What makes KPMG stand out from the other Big 4? (they were looking for three things)
- Why does this make you want to work for KPMG?
- Why does Audit appeal to do?
- Tell me about a time that you delivered excellence.
- Tell me about a company that is doing poorly? (four things that indicate this)
- What is the outlook for this company?
- Tell me about a time you dealt with a frustrated client.
*There were also two behavioral questions based on a situation described.
I hope this helps. Fingers crossed that I got through - KPMG is my first choice, so I was quite nervous! If you can take the call on a landline I’d recommend it, I took it over my mobile (and an international call) so it was a bit tough to hear the interviewer.
Best of luck,