KPMG First Interview questions

HI THERE!

I’m currently stuck into a few questions in preparation for the first round interview with KPMG, and I’m wondering if you could give me some ideas on them if possible please? :o:o

BTW, I applied for IT advisory. (do I have to come up with anything in relation to IT audit? )

1. Describe a current issue in the business world?
  • is sub-prime crisis still the main focus?
  1. Give an example of a company that you believe has the potential to grow and why?
  • any hints?
  1. What problems do you think professional services firms are facing today?
  • SOX?

thanks a bunch to all !!! :slight_smile:

[B]1) Describe a current issue in the business world?

• is sub-prime crisis still the main focus?[/B]

Current issue in the market now has been Credit Crunch. It has hit almost all the developed markets. especially GB. it is the main focus as it just started with sub-prime crisis and spread all around the financial market.

• now banks are not willing to lend each other because of the fear that they cannot get their money back. this just made several Central banks to inject some billions of cash to ease the situation.
    -direct effect- it just let the banks increase the rates of lending. problems with loans. just think about a car loan now it is hard to get one due to the fear felt by the banks.
    -now think about car makers, how can they then sell their cars, again indirect effect
    -property development companies cannot sell their flats/homes
    -many non or financial companies cannot sell their commercial property to raise cash as banks do not lend buyers. so again problem with raising cash.
    -most importantly, devastating effect of sacking the employees. this is the worst part of the issue. it is a crippling effect. it might really affect the graduate employment programs as well
    -also stockmarets are in red now. has been actually since august
    so there are many more and is an issue now

[B]2) Give an example of a company that you believe has the potential to grow and why?

• any hints?[/B]
  1. choose a company that is not audited by KPMG. be very careful not to choose one of their clients as they know more about it than you do. and anything you tell them is very well known to them as they would have been wroking with the company. Take a small company with around about 20-50 employees may be. be very familiar with the company of focus as you will get nice questions of KPMG’s interest.

2. choose a big company if not the small one. but again should be audited by other BIG3s. Choose then M&S. tell about their international expansions. EU and india. financial industry activities. or tell about Waitrose. they are expanding as well. i am interested in retail and can only give you advice on retail.

[B]3) What problems do you think professional services firms are facing today?

Thanks londonbloke.

I’ve got a few questions to ask, and hope any of you could help me out on these:

1. What do you think is the most interesting aspect of our work?
  • should i talk about: secondment? benefit? opportunity to develop my skills?
  1. What advantages do you think we have in the market place?
  • isn’t this the same as "How would you rate us against our competitors? "
  1. Are you familiar with any of our products/services/projects?
  • should i just say the services they provide in IT advisory?

thanks a bunch!!! :p:p

Also wanna ask does anyone know the KPMG’s clients for IT Advisory?
I tried to find it…but found nothing…:confused::confused:

i have kpmg interivew this friday, i saw your post on the forum, how is your interview, could you give me some tips, thank you for your help

jaster

Hi Jaster,

See this thread - http://www.wikijob.co.uk/forums/accounting-accountancy-professional-services/219-kpmg-audit-first-interview-info.html - for some KPMG Interview info.

Theres a few more dotted around the site. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask!

Tom.

Look here:

KPMG interview questions | WikiJob

here
Sarbanes-Oxley Act | WikiJob
and
Credit crunch effect on audit | WikiJob

Has anyone had an interview for KPMG Forensic? If so, what sort of questions do they ask? Thank you in advance…

Hi

I have an interview next week for KPMG Forensic Technology. I saw your post on this forum. How was your interview. pls could you give me some clue. Thanks