kpmg etray

have anyone done the kpmg etray before? i am wondering how can i prepare for the etray, especially the writing exercise, since it is same to every applicants, may I ask those who got the offer from kpmg, what 's ur advice of writing the emails and what suggestions ? thx so much!!!

I don’t think there’s much preparation you can do. It’s not very difficult though, that’s the good news. You need to write two emails at the end, but you don’t get a spell checker so you have to be accurate. One is to a client and the other is to a manager I think.

If you look on the internet there are a few e-tray examples but honestly just take your time on the day and you will be fine.

By the way I think on the e-tray the last few questions come in quick succession- don’t loose you’re nerve and start guessing.

what suggestions that you guys had given to the client and manager?
thanks…

I would make it this way.

to save time write this

[COLOR=Red]Dear …

Thanks for your …

If you have any further queries, feel free to contact me.

Regards,

bla bla bla.[/COLOR]

then you copy this form and paste it everytime you come to write a new message. it works if you are required to write more than 5 messages within the time period allowed.

good luck

Oh yeah don’t spend too long on a formal presentation, just make sure the english and content is good!

As I remember the e-tray exercise was okay. A few tips, first when there is an option to delegate then do! One person on my day chose the option to do some job themselves and suddenly received 10+ extra emails!

The writing bit was actually the easier bit I thought - don’t worry too much if you choose to suggest different options to other people on the day the important thing seems to be to make a clear and logical arguement for the choices you make.
So I actually think the stucture and lay out is v important, lay everything out clearly; use paragraphs etc. One final thing I’d suggest is start by putting an end (like the person above said), that way if you are pushed for time it will not look like you didn’t finish the task. Really good luck.

anyone remember what questions will be asked in the partner interview?

thx so much1!!

they will ask you ‘Why KPMG’ for sure, and probably also ‘why KPMG and not other Big 4?’

Junqi,

Was just wondering how you got on? I have mine tomorrow and not really sure what difficulty to expect…heard some people say it was easy and some say it was really hard. Also is it just an e-tray exercise or is there an interview as well that they dont tell you to prepare for?

Thanks

How did it go mate?!

[QUOTE=oliolioli;877]Junqi,

Was just wondering how you got on? I have mine tomorrow and not really sure what difficulty to expect…heard some people say it was easy and some say it was really hard. Also is it just an e-tray exercise or is there an interview as well that they dont tell you to prepare for?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I realise you will already have done this, but for the benefit of others:

This depends on whether you are applying for the graduate position or an internship. I recently applied for an internship (got an offer) and it was only the etray exercise on that day. I was then called back for an interview on a separate day before they made their offer.

As regards the etray, I think it is pretty straightforward. So long as you are the type of person they are looking for it will not be a problem; that type of person being somebody with common sense, the ability to think logically and justify your reasons, a sufficient level of communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to function efficiently under time pressures. Don’t panic if you don’t finish; whilst they expect you to complete the majority of the task, quality negates quantity to a certain extent here.

Hope this helps!

Hi guys,

I am wondering for the 2nd part of the e-tray, how many options would you recommend for each of the email?