KPMG Assessment Centre 2013 Marking Structure

Hi people

This website has been very useful in my job hunt so thought I would post something helpful.
I recently attended the KPMG assessment centre (for consultancy, but it’s the same what ever practice you apply for)

There are four assessed parts parts to the day, in this order.

Analysis exercise (written part of etray)
Virtual Office (etray, but with voicemails etc as well)
Client meeting role play
Internal meeting role play

Eight ‘competencies’ are assessed, graded 1 to 4 (4 being the best). If you are graded 2 in three or more competencies, you fail; if two or fewer, you pass. Easy!

I’ve listed the competencies below along with the tasks in which they are assessed. The grading in the competency is an average of your score in each relevant task.

DELIVERS QUALITY
virtual office
internal roleplay

DRIVES COLLABORATION AND INCLUSION
virtual office
external role play

STRIVES FOR CONTINUAL IMPROVEMENT
internal roleplay
candidate self review

EXERCISES PROFESSIONAL JUDGEMENT
virtual office
analysis

MAKES AN IMPACT
external role play
internal role play
analysis

AWARENESS OF BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES
external role play
virtual office
analysis

INNOVATION AND CURIOSITY
virtual office
analysis
internal role play

RESILLIANCE
external role play

So it is, to large extent, negative marking. Do ok in everything and you’ll be fine.
Hope that’s useful!

Do you ever find out your score?

Yes you get your score in every assessment with reference to each competency, and your average score for each competency.

It’s worth saying that there is in a sense a fifth assessed task - the self assessment you do at the end of the other four. The competency that this affects is ‘strives for continual improvement’

When do you get it because I’m at partner interview and have never been told any score

Thanks Jasper, real big help.

I have an AC coming up and this is really handy… but you don’t happen to remember a but more detail about the e-tray, this is what I am worrying about the most and if I had a heads up of the scenario or some of the questions this would calm me down a little.

There is no etray - there is a virtual office which is like an etray except the tasks aren’t always multiple choice ie sometimes you have to compose an email reply, sometimes you have to compose what you’d say back to someone when they come up to you in the office, sometimes you have to do some fact checking and click on things that are wrong in the document

Hey… I have been emailed tht I have a telephonic interview for KPMG 2014 intake this tuesday… the following was mentioned in it :
"There are a few qualities that we’re looking for during your interview. So, to give you the best chance of success and help you prepare, we recommend bearing these in mind:

• Delivers quality
  • Awareness of and seizes business opportunities
  • Resilience
  • Career motivation
  • Makes an impact""

Can anyone please guide as to what qs I can expect cuz I am rly nervous abt it :confused: Thanks