KPMG Advisory Application Form

KPMG

Hi guys,

Just submitted my application for KPMG TS&RS and was a little bit miffed about the app form. There’s no CV upload, no competency questions, nowhere to put your module results and no chance to talk about past work experiences (only allowed to say where you worked and your position). Is this normal? I’ve looked through the forum and a lot of people talking about the competency questions - have they changed it this year? How on earth do they filter if all they ask for is grades, degrees and a bit of work exp?

I am also applying for KPMG advisory.

I was also suprised at the lack of free-text questions, I thought at first there was some mistake with the form. I now think that this is intentional, and that they are relying on the telephone interview to get details of the competencies, etc. rather than spend money on HR staff to read through and score every application just to have a good proportion of them rejected due to the numerical/verbal/interview. It is still unusual though.

I was able to enter my module results, on the page where you can put in your university details, there was a section underneath called “subjects studied” or something similar. This is where I put my module details.

I have also applied for for KPMG advisory :slight_smile:

I noticed all these changes as well. I was then asked to to a situationalo judgement test and not a numericial test. I am awaiting the results.

They must have changed things up this year!

Hi,

The situational judgement test is the first test I took as well. There is little to do to prepare, the main thing is to think of the competencies when answering, and to try and pick the most diplomatic answer if the question is related to solving a dispute or other tricky work situation.

Occasionally, they may throw in a question where the ‘most obvious answer’ is wrong. This is most often related to work-life balance situations, for example: ‘A manager asked you to stay behind late to do non-urgent work on a client project. However, you have an important pre-arranged dinner with your family this evening. What do you do?’, along with a possible response along the lines of “cancel the dinner and stay late to complete the work, as completing the project is more important than my social life”. This would be a trick response, as although that option might appear to be the most likely one that they might want to hear, they realise that not many people would actually do that in real life. The ‘most correct’ response is something along the lines of “explain to the manager that you would not be able to complete the work this evening, but try to arrange a time tomorrow to ensure the work is completed”. This is an attempt to screen out the ‘liars’, as well as cut out those who may have significant work-life balance issues.

Good luck!

Hey guys, my status says invite to the SJR but there’s no link. Called kpmg and they said it’s a glitch there is a tech difficulty, should be sorted tomorrow. Anyone else having the issue? Also, if you’ve passed the SJR, do you immediately take the tests? I never saw the module bit, hopefully it won’t matter too much!

Did you apply for the vacation scheme or the graduate job?

Grad scheme. You? My friend applied day after me for audit and got the email yesterday! Sure it’ll come though…well, pray it does anyway! I’m going for London too btw :slight_smile:

I’ve applied for the Grad scheme in London as well :slight_smile: Are you applying for the 2012 intake?

I think they are quite busy ATM, I have been waiting to have my telephone interview for over a month now, they keep on sending me emails saying that they don’t have enough staff to do interviews.

After doing the SJT they took about a week for them to tell me the result, so don’t worry if they do not email you straight away. Also, I am pretty sure they send the SJT link to all applicants who meet the minimum grade requirements, so you shouldn’t be concerned if you don’t hear back straight away

No. I’m applying for the vacation program. Will send my app soon and sit the sjt.

Just received the link through to take the SJT test. Applying for 2012 intake yeah. My friend applied last year and got the job within 5 weeks of applying - maybe they’re slower at the mo because interns are only just finishing and they’re not sure on the numbers available? Remember to update here how your application is going!

Just received the link through to take the SJT test. Applying for 2012 intake yeah. My friend applied last year and got the job within 5 weeks of applying - maybe they’re slower at the mo because interns are only just finishing and they’re not sure on the numbers available? Remember to update here how your application is going!

I’ve now been invited to take the phone interview - anyone else care to share their experiences as to types of questions etc?

congrats, can you specify how were the SJT tests , how did you prepare for them , and did you go through Verbal and Numerical reasoning. How did you find those.
thanks.

There’s no preparation for the SJT tests, it’s common sense really. Verbal & Numerical were hard compared to SHL, you’re really pushed for time and each question requires numerous steps to be taken in order to get to the answer. I recommend just doing SHL practice - the questions are similar in terms of the calculations you have to do. Good luck!

There’s no preparation for the SJT tests, it’s common sense really. Verbal & Numerical were hard compared to SHL, you’re really pushed for time and each question requires numerous steps to be taken in order to get to the answer. I recommend just doing SHL practice - the questions are similar in terms of the calculations you have to do. Good luck!

Hi Stanmoor,

I am also applying for KPMG Advisory. Can you please share your experience on the telephone interview? What sort of questions were you asked?
Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks x

Still not had it!!! They’ve not been in contact!

Hi all,

KPMG eventually got in contact with me, have now got my first round booked for next week. They give you a list of the competencies they will test you on in the email. As you would expect, two of them are on commercial awareness and career motivation.

Total time between taking the last test and receiving the interview invite was around 6 weeks. I imagine recruitment are quite busy with the 2011 intake atm hence the delays.

Please let us know how you get on!

Good Luck with your interview!