KPMG 2017 Intake

KPMG

I figured I might start a new forum for those who applied KPMG 2017 intake.
Anyone has been invited to Launch Pad yet?
Thanks and all the best to us all.

I did the digital submission and got a feedback on August 30th. It says there are a number of candidates are in this process ahead of me. And they will get back to me as soon as they can confirm I am able to be moved to the next stage.
Just wonder if anyone here is at the same situation with me, or even better if anyone of you has already got invited to Launch Pad?
Any updates will be great help! Thanks again!

When do you guys graduate, i graduate in the summer of 2017 and all the graduate rolls at the moment say the intake is in autumn

I think you will be fine. As long as you can start to work/take training by fall.

Hi all, I submitted my online application to KPMG for assurance 2017, I was invited to do the situational judgement tests, but was unsuccessful. This was quite a shock, because I prepared a lot, and didn’t find the questions very hard. This makes me think I didn’t prepare well enough, and am looking for some advice which could help my applications to the other big 4 fims.

My questions:

1. How are you preparing for the tests? I studied KPMG’s core behavioural capabilities (*link below) and tried to keep these points in mind when answering the questions. I also completed practice tests from these websites (I paid for a subscription to http://www.practiceaptitudetests.com/), (used the free ones form here: https://www.jobtestprep.co.uk/)

2. What other practice tests are you using? Do you have any free resources you could share, or do you recommend a different paid service over practiceaptitudetests.com?

3. In all the practice SJT i completed i scored between 75-80%, what would your aim be to get through? Is this too low? What do you think?

4. How do you manage time? In the email I received it states “The test will take around 30 minutes”, however there is no timer, or time limit. I timed myself and took 35min, do you think this was too much time, and ti was failed because I went over the time limit?

I typed out (from memory) 8 of the 12 questions (with options) straight after the test. If anyone is interested in these questions, comment below with your email address and I will email them to you.

Thanks!

(*)https://www.kpmgcareers.co.uk/graduates/how-to-apply/behavioural-capabilities

I am so sorry that you did not pass the test.

To be honest, I did not prepare for the situational judgement test. I think it is important to be prepared for all these tests. I tried to be myself when I took the test and it definitely took longer than 30 minutes. So I do not think time is the problem. In my opinion, the situational judgement test aims to find the right fit for KPMG’s work style. It is not about right or wrong. I hope this helps, and I think you will be great on other tests.

hey what did you discuss on the digital submission

Hi, i’m in the same boat as you, did my digital submission and got a feedback email on the 30th of August with the same response.

sad to hear this. how long do you have to wait to be able to apply again?

I think they just take their time reviewing these submissions. Probably will only let the candidates know days before the scheduled Launch Pad.

Hi all, I was invited to the Launch Pad event on 13th Oct for deal advisory. Anyone got to the same stage? Any idea of what Launch Pad includes?

when did you submit your application may i ask? thanks

I’m betting that far more applicants applied for audit and that’s why the audit launch pad filled up so quickly, given that applicants are still being invited for the launch pad for other roles…

However, saying this, I am still very surprised that KPMG have had to put applicants on hold in their recruitment process already

Anyone get invited to the London Audit LaunchPad? If so, please would you share when you received your invitation?!

25th aug

I have submitted my audio for the management consulting scheme. Has everyone else been put on hold too?

In the guidance for the audio submission, it switches between saying “audio” and “audio/video”. I don’t think it explicitly says anywhere that video is allowed, though - has anyone sumitted video?

Correct me if I were wrong, I remember there was an size limitation for the upload which will rule out video? I am certainly not an tech expert. I submitted an audio record.

Audit. On hold.