Just been to KPMG first interview

Just attended the first round interview at KPMG, the interview was very nice though. I applied for IT advisory

There are quite a lot of questions, about about 20 questions which took me about 1 hour and a half. :eek:

Mainly questions regarding to these 4 sections:

• Business Focus
  • Building Relationships
  • Leadership
  • Career Motivation

Here are the ones that I still remember:

1. Describe a task which has no deadline
  2. Describe a task that other members disagree with you, what did you do
  3. Describe a time when conficts arose within the team, what did you do
  4. Describe a time when you see something new
  5. WHY KPMG
  6. Why IT advisory
  7. What do you think IT advisory can provide to clients
  8. What do clients concern
  9. What else do you know about IT advisory
  10. How do you keep yourself up-to-date about the world?
  11. What is the currenct issues? (when you listed about 2-3 issues in the Last question, pick one to discuss)
  12. What does it affect us?
  13. Which other companies did you apply? Why choose KPMG?
  14. Which company has grown in the last few years, and what do you advise them do next?
  15. Why would you advise them these (your suggestions) ?
  16. Do you know the company’s revenue? How do they make money?

There were too many question regarding to team work that my brain got blank for a several times…:confused:

The atmosphere of the interview was not bad though…hopefully I can pass this stage…finger crossed…:stuck_out_tongue:

THANKS TO THE PEOPLE WHO HAD ANSWERED MY QUESTIONS HERE, AND HOPE THIS HELPS TO THE PEOPLE WHO NEED HELP TOO!! :smiley:

Thanks for that! Very useful, I’ll get these up in the KPMG wiki too :slight_smile:

Ed

Thanks for the post! Could you just clarify the following questions:

Cheers, thanks!

[QUOTE=chrism2671;875]Thanks for the post! Could you just clarify the following questions:

Cheers, thanks![/QUOTE]

1. Describe a time when you are involved with a task that is no deadline
  2. Describe a time when you see something new, untested approach
  3. What do clients concern about IT advisory

Hardly could remember the exact questions, these are all I could remember. :slight_smile:

Does anyone know how long KPMG gives the result of the interview? As I was told by the interviewer yesterday it took about 3 days normally.

KPMG are quite good actually, the will probably reply within 3 days.

KPMG always got back to me within 24hours, which was quite impressive. They say their target is 3 working days and I think it entirely depends on how many apps they are processing at the time and I was therefore lucky in this respect. They seem very intent on getting you through the process as fast as possible, so if you haven’t heard, they’re probably still doing their “analysis” on you.