Interview with Deloitte / Internal Audit & Risk Management

Hi all,

I have an interview with Deloitte coming up soon. It’s for Internal Audit & Risk Management in London.

I applied for an audit position in London but they have closed their application process for audit in London and have offered me other options. I really like what I’ve read about about IA&RM and have decided to go for it. I am sure they’ll ask me why I have decided to do IA&RM in London instead of auditing in Southampton or Aberdeen. What shall I say?

Martina, have a look at the Wiki of this website, which is at least as useful as the forum.

http://www.wikijob.co.uk/wiki/deloitte-interview-questions

In general, the first round of interview is really straightforward, I got three different questions based on competences (achievement, organisation, problem solving) and I was asked to provide two examples for each.
You can prepare yourself really well.

The final assessment day has the e-tray exercise and the partner interview.

The first part of the exercise is a bit of a mess, practice with this one

FastStream - Example e-Tray Exercise http://www.faststream.gov.uk/index.asp?txtNavID=140

For the partner interview you should prepare these different areas/topics:

• competences (again)
  • personal stuff about you (why audit, why deloitte, why that line, what can you bring us)
  • more objective stuff about things regarding the line of service (what will you be doing, what does the service line do etc)
  • commercial awareness (credit crucnh, sarbanes oxley act, some headlines from The Economist of the Financial Times, an example of a well performing company)

Good luck!

I have been in the same kind of situtation before with another big 4 firm and they didn’t ask why I changed so fingers crossed, they might not ask you! (Not much help I know but they’re the ones that asked you to change).

Read up on IA&RM and prepare some stuff about how you find it interesting and challenging.

Let’s know if you do get asked or not!!! Good luck!

Make sure you actually want to do internal audit -internal audit and external audit are quite different in terms of lifestyle and the sort of experience you will receive.

Personally I would prefer to do external audit (it is more interesting).

This might help: http://www.wikijob.co.uk/wiki/internal-audit

as might this: http://www.wikijob.co.uk/wiki/internal-audit

[QUOTE=jungle_boogie;1484]I have been in the same kind of situtation before with another big 4 firm and they didn’t ask why I changed so fingers crossed, they might not ask you! (Not much help I know but they’re the ones that asked you to change).

Read up on IA&RM and prepare some stuff about how you find it interesting and challenging.

Let’s know if you do get asked or not!!! Good luck![/QUOTE]

Hmm…I think I should mention the fact I applied for audit and then state the reason why I’ve “changed my mind”. They have still vacancies in audit, but not in London.

To be honest, the more I read about IA&RM, the more interesting I find it!

hi all,

i am expecting interview with deloitte as an internal auditor.

i dont know how to practice for english and maths test for the interview.

please help me.

it is not psychometric test.

i have 1 week to go.

god bless you.

Littlelegs,

Thanks for your reply to me. Is calulator allowed in the maths test?

% and ratios you mean ratio anaylsis where we calculate the profitability, Liquidity ratios of the company.

I will search in SHL website. I got exemptions in the earlier papers so could you please let me know what style of qustions and which subject so i may downlod from the past papers from ACA website.

I really thankful to you to help me because it is not advisable to ask questions to the employer.

Have you been through the interview process in Deloitte for the job role as an Internal Auditor in the public sector. ( PSIA)

Becasue PSIA is the 100% subsidiary of Deloitte LLP and their interview system is different from the standard interview process of Deloitte LLP.

And it is so hard to get the information for the interview for this company.

God bless you to go further in your career and help you to help other people.

Thanks once again…

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and helping me.
I am expecting call from Deloitte & Touche Public sector internal audit Ltd. this company is incorporated in October 2004 and the accounting year end is 31st may 2009.
This is 100% subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. And it is so difficult to find out the information about the company because this company doesn’t have website on its own.
I think i have to research about the company before i face the interview.
Mainly i am concerned about the turnover and profit figures from the accounting year ended 31st May 2005 to the accounting year ended 31st May 2009.

So that i can discuss in the interview that the company is growing in these 5 years and i would like to work in the company which is growing so fast.

But this information i could not get. I would also like to know who are the major customers of this company so that i can prepare myself for the commercial awareness company. and it is advisable if i discuss about the company’s major client. I hope that you would help me in this matter.

I think i need to prepare myself for the company who is doing better in the public sector and the public who is not doing well in the credit crunch. I decided one company which is NHS as a company who is not doing well in the credit crunch and it is good to discuss about the public sector company.

I am not sure which company is doing well in the public sector in credit crunch and who is the customer of Deloitte & Touche Public Sector Internal Audit Ltd(PSIA).

If you can provide me your email id then i would send the company profile and the job description as a graduate trainee internal auditor to have better understanding about what we are discussing.

God bless you for helping people who wish to work for Deloitte.