Ilex

Hi again,

Does anyone rate ILEX? Everyone always talks about trainees, so what am I if I am going through ILEX, just a lowly paralegal? Even though I am working very hard studying while holding down a full time job. Plus it isn’t as if I am studying at any easier level than uni students. I’m currently third year ILEX at honours degree level working my butt off!!

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca!

The ILEX route is just another route into law. What, exactly, do you want to do? Do you want to be a lawyer in a few years, or do you want to be a paralegal? You can become a lawyer by working up through paralegal jobs at a company with an ILEX qualification or you can stay at para legal level. If you study the GDL and LPC at somewhere like College of Law or BPP you can go straight in as a lawyer at a law firm.

Can you explain your situation. What are you doing right now? What exactly, are your studying? What do you want to do, where at?

Also, have you spoken to careers advisers at ILEX, or at BPP/College of Law. You can…even if you don’t go to these institutions… and they are helpful!

Keep posting, I’ll help you all I can :slight_smile:

Ed

[QUOTE=RebeccaGT;678]Hi again,

Does anyone rate ILEX? Everyone always talks about trainees, so what am I if I am going through ILEX, just a lowly paralegal? Even though I am working very hard studying while holding down a full time job. Plus it isn’t as if I am studying at any easier level than uni students. I’m currently third year ILEX at honours degree level working my butt off!!

Rebecca[/QUOTE]

Hi,

Well I have put most of my answers in the other thread, but on the whole, ILEX are not very helpful at all, most of the time do not reply to emails!

With regard what I would like to do, I aiming to do the LPC in about 3 years hopefully and get in to a city firm and do finance.

Rebecca

Talk to careers advisers at College of Law / BPP …these guys ARE good, and will give you advice even if you are just planning on going there to do your LPC.