I had an assessment centre for Total, but it was for there Total Summer School, there were no prior interviews and it was held in their Watford office.
• Firstly all six of us were brought together where we found out a lot more about Total in general and what we had to do on the scheme.
• Then I had an interview with two ladies, who were definitely not in HR but did not seem to be that high up. The interview was pretty simple and they just asked me competency questions.
• Then we had a thirty minute break where we had to fill in an application form, this was asking us question like why we wanted to do the scheme, and why we felt we would be good for the scheme, this surprised me as we could not use spell check, however is was undertaken in a very relax manner.
• Finally we had a group discussion where we were split into two groups and with newspapers and celotape we had to create a jungle animal. This was fun but I think they were trying to see how we worked together. Then we had to give a short presentation on why we choose to make a certain animal.
• Then we said out goodbyes and went home, the ac was enjoyable and finished at about 2.00pm.