IBM - IPAT Test - Could someone Help!

IBM

Just took the exam today.

I totally Agree with buzzlightyear100, The IPAT test had 2 sections instead of 3, and the questions given were much more difficult than the ones I did in the practice tests.

Though I am curious to find out why they would assess my math skills when I applied for a design position. Maybe they were curious to see if I also had basic math and programming skills on top of my design and art skills.

Guess I’ll hear from them in a few days crosses fingers

need help guys,
i tried to take my IPAT test today, but when i entered into the assessment page it got stuck at system evaluation page…there is no button to click to start the test…
keep on trying countless time but i still stuck at the system evaluation page…
So what should i do…any idea??

The IPAT Is definitely the toughest online assessment I have done. Part one is number progressions.

e.g.

2, 4, 6, 8, …

or

1, 8, 2, 6, 3,

I dont think you can do much prep but if you can do those sorts of puzzles then you should be ok.

The second part was a standard math reasoning test but much more difficult that normal. lots of simultaneous equations and ratio stuff. I found myself finding the right technique but to having enough time to go through all the steps required.

There was also some kind of server error during my test and I had to log back in and start it again.

Again very tough, not too confident about the result but gotta hope for the best!

UPDATE: I was just emailed saying I met or exceeded the minimum score required.

Hi there guys,
i have just graduated this june, and i am looking to apply for the IBM graduate a scheme. i am looking for help on what put in the competencies questions.

they will application deadline is on the 31st so any advice and guidance is much appreciated .

THANKS

my email address is abdu_mop@yahoo.com

Thanks again

I took the test a few days ago and have been told I passed!

The tests are not that easy unfortunately. The series questions can be impossible to spot if you get stuck on one method. Don’t just see the difference between two adjacent numbers, or even interlaced series, the problems are much more varied than that.

The numerical reasoning questions shouldn’t be too taxing if you go about them methodically. If I could take the test again I’d write pretty much every problem as a simultaneous equation. It may sound time consuming, but with 2 min 15 secs a question, that is much better than agonising over method.

Good luck!

Hi Guys!
I have a great employment opportunity, and I do not want to lose it … I have to carry my family, and this is a great opportunity to help them.
Can someone send me the IBM test response? (NPAT)

Your help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks again

Hello guys, I just took the test, and to be honest I do not really know what to expect. I mean the test is weird because it switches randomly from very difficult to easy questions. Actually for the majority of questions it is the short time allowed that’s killing. While doing the calculations you must always have an eye on the clock. I think the test would be much better if they did not fragment the time allowed for each question but instead just gave a total time for a whole section.

Cheers,

Ben

Yeh. Its a pretty difficult test. I actually found the number series sections the most difficult. I did get through to the next stage but turned down the recruitment meetup as I got an offer from another tech company. Suggest downloading a Number Series game app for Android. Was quite helpful in preparing and pretty useful for working out the brain when on the train and had the time to test myself.

Hello there , Could somebody tell me something , I was looking at the test and then without looking at the practise questions I went straight forward in the test and now I am just wondering , is the asterisk shown in the test the place of the required number we want , or just marks the question or something

Any replies would be appreciated

Hi,

I have just taken the IPAT Test and I can confirm its pretty damn hard. The number series was probably harder than the numerical reasoning id say because it is easy to get stuck looking for certain methods, you have to kinda think outside the box. I would definitely follow jaffacake101’s advice and write down in simultaneous equation form as many of the numerical reasoning questions as you can. I found that easier to solve the problem and not get confused by the wording.

I am applying for Strategic Analytics anyone else in the same boat? or any one who is already part of the IBM team and can offer any advice?

Also antrikohs I thought the exact same thing as you but it is where the question number should be im sure, not the number you are looking for, it wouldnt make sense if it was like that (I hope).
Much appreciated

Hi Guys, i also recently took the IPATO test, and it was more challenging thant i thought…especially with the time limit that adds more pressure…i tried to prepare beforehand with plenty of numerical sequences and online aptitude tests but this was much harder.

Some questions are easy some are really hard! dont think there is much you can do to prepare except take it when your focused and ready…and get a scrap piece of paper to do quick working out and you should be fine.

I have no idea how i passed because i struggled but i think the second part of the test boosted my score a bit because they are straight forward.

Guys i also found this link online, http://www.jobtestprep.co.uk/ibmproduct.aspx regarding a package that offers the IPATO test and Assessment centre practise for around £29-59 but i dont know how trust worthy is it lol

I completed the IPAT yesterday… It was extremely time pressured :frowning: and I could not complete some of the questions in time. How many questions per section do you guys reckon, need to answered right to pass the test? Im freaking out over the results!

My elder brother did the exam, I will talk about this problem and will let you know soon. please provide your PM.

The IPAT test is simply a useless test that doesn’t examine your knowledge in computer science / programming languages at all…it’s just something that let the HR recruiters survive and keep their salaries, don’t waste your time !!

I’ve only took the IPAT test and I hope it’s the only one I have to take but how do the other aptitude tests compare?

i’ve just been asked to complete this test, what did you all do for preparation are there any practice questions available online?! HELP!

Just completed this, very difficult. I have done inductive reasoning tests which I found much easier or at least easier to work with. As someone stated, the timer was putting me under a lot of pressure and was too much time for some questions and too little for others. Best advice would be to write down workings, don’t try to hold numbers in your head.(No matter how small the task may seem)