IBM - IPAT Test - Could someone Help!

IBM

Hi there,
I have received an invitation for the IBM’s IPAT test. Has anyone given this test before? What are the topics I need to brush up on to excel in this test.

Any related info would be really appreciated.

All the best !

Cheers
Saz

Hey!!

I’m preparing the IPAT test. I’ve found the link below. Maybe it’d be useful.

http://ibmplacements.blogspot.com/2008/01/ibm-aptitude-numerical-series.html

How was your test??

Hi Johis,
Thanks for the reply, But I have completed my test anyways. Btw I couldnt get thro, All the best for yours.

Cheers
Saz

Oh! I’m sorry to hear that.

No worries, something else will come up. I’ll do mime today… Fingers crossed!

I was wondering if you had an screening call from them in between the application and the test? Apparently some people have had it. Did you?

All the Best for your test !
Nope, I didnt have any calls like that. I just got a Invitation for the test after my application.

Cheers
Saz

Hello everyone,
could you please tell the format of IPAT TEST ?
Thanks

hi evryone…
i hav given d xam on 31st dec…
wen will i get the result…nd how?
nd if got cleared , wt z the further procedure…?
thankss

Hi Shruti,

I am going to sit the online IPAT in the next couple days and wondered if you shed some light on what the test format it like?
I heard it is split into 2 sections:

Section 1: 20 questions (number series/patterns)
Section 2: Maths calculations etc.

Is this right? Would you be able to elaborate on this a bit?

Thanks a lot for the help :slight_smile:

Hi Dims…

yep… u hav d rgt infrmtion regarding I-PAT…
its splittd into 2 sections as u already know…
20 questns on series…btw… some f them are so easy dat u cn answer thm in secnds… nd some r sooo difficult.:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

coming to the 2nd module, all questns hav got lot of calculations…bt dun wry…
nd alll d vrrrry bestttttt…:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Thank u very much for the advice and help shruti!

Will try do some practice questions now and then take the test…

Fingers crossed :slight_smile:

dimsum

:(…
on d last dy of test ,i gav d test but my internet connection ws disconnected… so my system got locked…called d phone no but no result ws thr…:frowning:

hi… nybody got the results??? pls tell me wen can i expect the results or call from them…ND call p hi intrvw hoga??

hello friends,
I have received mail from IBM on 30th dec 2011 to attend IPAT. Then I was completed on 31st itself. Questions were easy comparing with other companies written test. I did well.Waiting for result.Has anyone know abt when this result ll come???
What ll b the nect process?

Hi Shruti and Divya,

I took the test on the 6th Jan and got an email yesterday telling me that I passed and will be contacted shortly to schedule an assessment day. Where are you guys applying? I am applying in London and they said that the assessment days are fully booked until March, so to expect the assessment day to be then…

Hope you guys got positive news too! (fingers crossed for you both!)

hi,
anyone received ipat test result written on dec last week 2011…

Hi Dimsum111,

Firstly, well done with your application.

I am planning on taking my test tomorrow. Please can you tell me how much preparation you did for the test? Should I use SHL and use their Maths, English and Logical tests to help prepare?

I have put in a quality application but I just want to get through this test and get an assessment centre.

Thank you very much in advance.
Christian

Hi Dimsum111,

Firstly, well done with your application.

I am planning on taking my test tomorrow. Please can you tell me how much preparation you did for the test? Should I use SHL and use their Maths, English and Logical tests to help prepare?

I have put in a quality application but I just want to get through this test and get an assessment centre.

Thank you very much in advance.
Christian

Hi Guys, I got email today inviting me to complete the test. Please help, how shall I prepare myself?? any clues?? if you had the tests any suggestions??

thanks all

KInga

@Kinga:
have a calculator for the mathematical section that will help for some questions since each question have only 2.15 min only to attend.
be cool and dont be tensed … then it will be easy.

As others said, the IPATO test seems to have changed in 2011.

Even though the instructions in the email invitation still mention the test having three sections, there are only two in the actual test: one on number series and another on mathematical reasoning. There were no data matrices. I was not able to select the section I wanted to start with, and neither could I pause the test mid-way through. When you start the test, make sure you have a whole hour available (and enough battery charge etc.)

I have to tell you that the test is NOT easy. They are right in telling you that no amount of preparation can quite prepare you for what to expect. Suffice to say that the SHL practice tests are peanuts in comparison, and the few sample questions provided at the start of the IPATO test are deceptively easy. Your brain and logical reasoning must go into overdrive while solving questions otherwise disguised as mathematical problems. After all, they’re looking for your logical reasoning, so you don’t need to be particularly good with math.

On the plus side, the pass mark MUST be lower than 50%, so don’t be completely disheartened, even if you feel you did horribly. (I feel this is a general feeling after completing actual – as opposed to practice – mathematical reasoning tests; the IPATO more than others.)

I received the result (good news :slight_smile: a few days ago, three days after completing the test.

I’ll keep you posted how the rest of my journey with Big Blue goes!