I need advise for an internship choice

Hi everybody,

I am new to this forum but I have already seen that people here are pretty sure about what they want to do and where to work. Maybe you could help me to make my decision.

Here is my problem: I have two internship offers. No bulge brackets but these are two big European (continental) banks.
One is in corporate coverage in Italy and another in asset liability management (mostly currency swaps) abroad. I can’t decide which one to choose. I am pretty oriented to a relationship-driven kind of job instead of a quantitative one.

Therefore the first job offer seems a pretty good match. However what is still refraining me in the decision is that I am not really sure about what a career in coverage could be: most banks do not offer jobs or internships in coverage but in more specific teams (ECM, DCM exc.) so if I am not offered a full position here I don’t know if it would be easy to find other related jobs, especially because I would not build specific skills during the job but more broad ones.

The other internship is another story, but it is more specific and I will develop for sure useful skills for other jobs, but I am not really oriented at a risk management career path.
In short I don’t if to go for the internship that I potentially I could like more but maybe without any future…or if to choose the other one.

Is anyone familiar with career paths in coverage?

Thank you!