Hymans Robertson interview

Hymans Robertson

Hi…i received a call from them an hour back…unsuccessful… :(… but the thing that they made an effort to call me while I am in India just to give a feedback in each n every aspect…i think thats something really good… they gave a very detailed feedback… wish you good luck to all u guys there… keep us updated… :slight_smile:

Do you think because they’ve called you to let you know you’re unsuccessful that means they’ve completed all their offer calls :(?

hi Emma, well I have no clue whats happening… I called them yesterday to tell them my India no…for further correspondence… as per my last conversation which was today, they said they are trying to close offers by tomm…so i guess if u dont hear anything from them by tomm…i guess its not in favor…probly you can call them and ask on this…

the fact that they called on India no…to inform of my unsuccessful outcome with detailed feedback was something that I have not expected…i thought regret letters are being emailed…newazy… dont worry…wish u good luck…

Thank you for your reply!

Hi guys! Just received a phone call from them! I made it through! Will be joining their london office next year as trainee investment consultant. Anyone is sucessful and will join london team also? - let me know. it will be good to meet up during xmas week and lets go to the Shard to have some celebratory drinks!

Hi David,

I’m glad u made it, congrats and all the best!! :slight_smile:

I had a phone interview with them but I didn’t make it to the AC. However, I’m planning to apply again. So can you send me your email so that I can meet you one day to get some advices regarding the interview and the AC.

Thank you and best of luck! :slight_smile:

Well done David, I’m still waiting on my call, beginning to think I’ve not made the cut!

Hey guys,

I had an AC on 9th December and still no response. I was wondering whether people who had AC’s are in the same boat as me, or have you guys received responses??

Please those who have had AC’s reply, would be good to understand how they recruit and if those of us in limbo still have any chance of gaining a place!

Well done David btw I think you were in my AC.

Heyy, I’ve had no response either, I’m presuming all offer calls are complete and we’re just waiting on our rejection letters now…

Hi,

I have an assessment centre coming up soon, please can anyone tell me what questions were asked during the interview?

thanks

The assessment centre was for the whole day, it had Maths, logical reasoning and english test - 8 min each for around 20-25 questions, Simple maths ques, no graphs related questions, then there was a face to face competency based interview round for 1 hour, there was a report writing round and group discussion on the same topic on which you wrote a report, then there was a situational judgement test. I think thats about it. If you have any more questions, you can email me on sonampunjani@gmail.com. Good luck for your interview.

Hello. I just found out yesterday that I have been successful in securing a telephone interview with Hymans Robertson for the Summer Internship programme 2014.

The interview will be next week and I was wondering if anyone else out there has also heard back recently and if anyone has any previous experience/advice for the phone interview with Hymans.

Cheers!

hi, CRod. How was the interview going? can you please share your experience about it here? Thank you very much!

hi, rodanthiask, Can you please share the experience of telephone interview? what kind of questions do i expect? Thank you very much

Hi!

Has anyone had a telephone interview for Hymans Robertson’s 2015 intake?
If so could you please share your experience about what kind of questions they asked you?

Thanks!

Hi all,
Anyone going to the Assessment Centre in Edinburgh next week, Thursday 5th Feb? I just got the call today, I was really surprised, was convinced I’d been rejected!

Just had my telephone interview 2 days ago, took around 45 minutes. Here are the list of questions being asked:

1. Tell me about yourself
  2. Why H.Robertson? Where did you hear about us?
  3. Why Actuarial?
  4. Are you a risk taker?
  5. Daily roles of a consultant.
  6. How do you improve yourself ?
  7. Why do you think HR is different?
  8. What would you do when given extra work despite having many deadlines? Why?
  9. Tell me your greatest achievement at university
  10. Tell me a news related to actuarial industry
  11. What would you do to improve your work?
  12. Where do you see yourself in 3 years time? How are you going to do that? Whu did you choose the path you have chosen?
  13. Do you consider yourself to be successful?
  14. Which office location do you prefer and why? Which actuarial function and why?
  15. What is the most important thing in a team?

Standard interview overall. However there’s one thing which annoyed me a lot during the interview, which was being asked to repeat my answers for so many times (she needed to write down everything I said and I had to slow down).
At the end when I was asking her questions about the offices and the roles she wasn’t explaining clearly enough and was showing a bit of impatience. Oh well I think there goes my interview… Good luck guys!

is anyone going to the assessment centre in glasgow next week?

i’m going to birmingham.