I got lots of help from wikijob and I recently got an offer from HSBC. so I will post questions they asked here. Hope they are helpful!
- Why HSBC? Why the division?
- recent news that you find interesting? what are the possible impacts on HSBC? what should HSBC do to deal with possible threat?
3.what do you think of the trend of banking sector?
4.the world in 2050?(3 points!)
- How important are the values of a firm? What are the values of HSBC? How can the values help HSBC to deal with the financial crisis?
- Your role model?
- Your plan in 5 years?
- numerical test. If you can’t pass the test, you can not continue to take other interviews in AC.
- Case study and presentation to one assessor.
mainly about investment opportunities in emerging markets, especially in China. 40min for preparation, 10min presentation followed by 25min Q&A.
read materials fast! no need to finish the reading. ready to talk about things not in the reading pack to impress the assessor.
- motivational interview
why HSBC? what skills make you suitable for the role? give example to support your point.
- 2 business interview
business interview1: totally competency question. Be confident when talking about your experience.
business interview2: what do you know about the division you applied for? what’s daily job?
Change in banking sector these years?
give examples of financial regulations.(best prepare 2 regulations)
competitors of HSBC? what the strength of HSBC over other competitors?
I got the offer a few hours after AC.
PwC telephone interview:
Why pwc? why the division?
Give an example of an ideal client of pwc? what challenges has the company encountered? how can pwc help?
how do you research pwc?
Time when you spoke out a particular issue in the work place or report a person/ colleague?
Time when you were asked to do sth unethical?
I passed the telephone interview and will attend the AC next week. i will update my AC experience then.