HSBC International Management

HSBC

Hi,

I’ve just received an email telling me that I’m through to the phone interview part of the HSBC im trainee programme - does anyone know whether the interview will contain any technical questions or will they be questions like, “why this job”, or “give us examples of you demonstrating leadership” etc.

Anyone’s experience with this programme so far would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Have you had it yet? I as because I have mine coming up in a few days and would appreciate any help whatsoever. Thanks.

Hey - how was the testing part?! Are there any good practice websites that you found particularly helpful?

Hi, I didn’t really do much revision for the online test part - i just worked through the SHL practice tests from the website that HSBC gave us. The questions are similar to the ones on the practice tests so if you can do them, you’re fine.

nnishmin - sorry for the late reply but if you’ve not had yours yet, the questions are all competency based, like give an example of a setback, or when you acted as a leader etc. I don’t think i did too well because I was a stammering mess, but we’ll have to wait and see what happens.

good luck

@k.yeh
how long did they get back to you mate!I am quite interested in this programme but I don’t know whether it’s too late to apply?any ideas?

Thank you so much for the answer. How long does the phone interview run for?

thanks k.yeh - n goodluck!!!

the email from hsbc gives you a one hour slot for the interview, but in actual fact mine was about half an hour. The time goes by mega quickly.

The deadline for the job application hasn’t passed i don’t think, so maybe you can still apply? I have no idea - go to the website and check. I haven’t heard any reply from hsbc yet but someone’s been rejected already. They told me i’d hear within 10 days from my interview so i expect i’ll hear soon…

hi all,

I recently submitted my application for HSBC IM Programme. Could someone tell me approximately how long it takes to hear back from them regarding the initial application submission?

Thank you

Hello,

I’ll use my experience to address questions raised above.

1. Could someone tell me approximately how long it takes to hear back from them regarding the initial application submission?
    My experience: about 2 weeks.
  2. How long does the phone interview run for?
    My experience: The interviewer estimated 45 minutes and it did last about 45 minutes.
  3. I don’t know whether it’s too late to apply?any ideas?
    You can still apply. They accept applications until March 2010. All the necessary information is posted on their website.à
  4. does anyone know whether the interview will contain any technical questions or will they be questions like, “why this job”, or “give us examples of you demonstrating leadership” etc.?
    My experience: they mention it is strictly capability based and it is. You have to use numerous real-life examples to demonstrate certain skills.
    5.how was the testing part?! Are there any good practice websites that you found particularly helpful?
    Use the SHL website for sample tests. They use similar tests.

Hope this helps.

Speaking also from my experience:
the phone interview does run for about 45 mins and consists of JUST competency based questions.

The delay was exactly 15 days for me and then I proceeded to the phone interview.

Paurna,

NO you have not been put on a waiting list. They are just reviewing your application and will get back to you in about 2 weeks time.

hey patricius thanks for that …so i am assuming u recieved a similar mail before being invited for the interview …

Yes.
The following e-mail was an invitation to schedule a phone interview.

patricus - I did my phone interview last Tuesday (TWO weeks yesterday) and still hav had no reply - still ‘under review’. The woman on the phone said I’d hear in 10 working days! Wondering if your status has been updated yet.

cheeers.

I received an invitation to complete the personality test the following day and then I was invited to the selection centre three days after.
However, I would not base your expectations on fellow applicants. Speed of response depends on multiple factors and I highly doubt it can be compared. I believe they send you a response immediate after reviewing your file, should it be positive or not.

Hi Guys, How many questions are there on the Numerical and Verbal Tests? And how much time do you get?
Cheers!

Do the sample SHL test; it is the same.

Lol, then I’m in a bit of trouble, I did well on the verbal and had time to spare but I didn’t get to complete the Numerical! SO we get 39 numerical questions in 47min on the actual HSBC test?? I thought I remember reading somewhere that it’s about 20min for each. I must’ve dreamt it. Thanks a lot though, Patricus.