HSBC Executive Management Graduate Programme 2013

Hey everyone

I couldn’t find an updated thread with anyone who has entered the HSBC Executive Management Programme 2013,

I’ve done the online tests and am now scheduled for a telephone interview. Does anyone have any advice as to what questions I should expect? this programme sounds absolutely amazing and I want to ensure I am fully prepared!

Hey RachelB

I have also been invited to a telephone interview, with the option of a few dates that I need to select from. From what I have come to known, HSBC does a competency based interview, focussing on the core customer services, Meeting targets/deadlines, Risk management, Decision Making and Team working. Try the following links: http://www.wikijob.co.uk/wiki/telephone-interview

Hope it helps.

Keep me posted!
Cheers

Thanks Zak, lets hope we both get through!!

Guys, if you can share questions that they asked during the phone interview, I believe everybody would appreciate it.

-xil

So sorry to hear that Tommy, did you hear back from them yet? Maybe you didn’t do as bad as you think?

What kind of questions did they ask if they weren’t competency ones? Would really really appreciate your help

Thanks,
Rach

they give you the feedback at the end of the phone call and let you know if you have progressed or not (I didnt).

I apologise that the last message probably wasnt that helpful. all I would say is structure your answers around the STARS technique:

http://www.prospects.ac.uk/interview_tips_interview_questions.htm

and they seemed in many cases to want personal examples rather than examples based around your job roles / experience ect.

this is based on the feedback they gave me!

I dont really want to go into specific questions as they may ask different ones. from my experience it is better to be prepared to think on your feet than to prepare specific examples.

hope this helps

Please go into specifics, I’d rather have a general idea of the kind of questions they ask than have no idea whatsoever. If you could post any questions you can remember it would help a lot, the more the better!

AC

Hey all! Is anyone through to the assessment centre?

I had my telephone interview today and passed. Awaiting confirmation for the assessment day.

Has anyone had the assessment day yet?

well done dan-s

i have just been notified passed my online tests and have a phone interview on 25th jan

any advice on the telephone interview?

thanks

well done dan-s

i have just been notified passed my online tests and have a phone interview on 25th jan

any advice on the telephone interview?

thanks

It was based around there values,

-Dependable and do the right thing
-Open to different ideas and cultures
-Connected to customers, communities, regulators and each other

The questions were similar to other competency-based interviews such as where you’ve gone out your way to help someone, learnt something new out of your interest and shown integrity when working as a team. It was fairly short and lasted about 20-25 minutes with them telling you at the end whether you are successful or not.

Good Luck!

cheers for the advice dan

appreciate it.

good luck with your assessment day!

passed the telephone interview and just received an email to book assessment day which is 2nd Feb in Birmingham.

good luck all

Hello everyone!

It seems like most of you have had their interviews and you, pendresc are already done with the AC too!

I have my telephone interview scheduled for 9th February and wanted to ask for advice. From what I’ve read on the internet, it is only competency based, right? Were there any unexpected questions or particularly difficult ones? I assume standard competencies they are after would be: leadership, teamwork plus few others they have on their website. If anyone remembers specific questions, it would be great if you could mention them!

I really want this job so want to make sure I prepare as best as possible!

Thanks a lot guys!

Magda

Hello.

I had the AC the other day, was a good experience. Involved role play, group exercise and interview, pretty standard questions but all stuff changes each assessment day. Telephone interview questions were same as what Dan said:

-Dependable and do the right thing
-Open to different ideas and cultures
-Connected to customers, communities, regulators and each other

Had an offer for the scheme Friday which is good news

Good luck

Hi Pendresc!

Great, well done! Congratulations :slight_smile:

Can we count on more details re: tasks? I guess it would help everyone. Thanks!

I have my telephone interview tomorrow so let’s hope I get to the next stage!!!

Best wishes

Well done Pendresc! I unfortunately was not so lucky and didn’t make it through, no one in my group did. As I’ve been through the whole process though if anyone wants any advice then send me a private message :slight_smile:

Thanks, but bad luck Rachel.

There is a competency interview, an exercise which you are given details of before you have to do it.

And also a group task where you present your findings. The group task involved reading loads of information and deciding how to improve a virtual branch in a virtual country