HSBC, anyone?

HSBC

Hey guys,

just received an email saying:

“Dear -------
Thank you for completing our online numerical reasoning aptitude test. We are delighted to confirm that you have successfully passed the minimum benchmark we look for.
Your application will now be reviewed in more detail and we will advise you as soon as possible should we wish to invite you to the next stage of the application process, which is the competency-based telephone interview.”

This sounds very diplomatic to me. Has anyone received the same and would like to help me translate the above?

thanks a lot

cheers

it just means that they haven’t spent enough time having a look at your application, so they’re not sure if they ‘liked’ it :wink:

got the same email today. it means, they are now gonna do the screening!

@avam

that’s an inspired good shot for a nice saturday evening :))
I’m delighted :slight_smile:

@IBD_Haunter

the way I understood is that they already did some initial screening before sending out the tests.
obviously there is more to it than meets the eye …

What role is this for? I am still waiting for a numerical test for Client management grad scheme.

hi

i applied for global markets origination…

just finished the shl numerical test for hsbc global infra-finance. if u fail, does it automatically tell you ur not through to the next round? my status simply says you have completed the test.

hey, just wanted to ask, so did you need to do a verbal reasoning test? or is it just purely the numerical reasoning test? thanks!

see my answer to your initial post :slight_smile:

yeah you’re right hazelground…

i live with 2 other economists; we all applied roughly the same time… but one go a rejection before numerical and me and the other were screened and proceeded to numerical.

funny though, the one who got rejected is the strongest academically, getting the 4th highest in the department last year in second year.

@banking_123 : There’s no verbal reasoning test, atleast not for the division I applied to.

@jy1w07: I was pretty sure it was an auto-invite to the test…surprising your friend got rejected before numerical.

Now my application status has changed to :

“Dear Vistasp, Thank you for completing our online numerical reasoning aptitude test. We are delighted to confirm that you have successfully passed the minimum benchmark we look for. Your application will now be reviewed in more detail and we will advise you as soon as possible should we wish to invite you to the next stage of the application process, which is the competency-based telephone interview.” (Same as hazelground’s message)

They obviously haven’t actually seen the application…

thanks Vistasp & Hazelground

When you did your numerical reasoning test, how well did you do in your practice test on SHL?

thanks Hazelground and Vistasp,

In terms of your practice test for SHL numerical reasoning, how well did both of you do?

HSBC has started interviews - I know someone who has been invited for First Round telephone interview for Trading - London.

@
IBD_Haunter

yes, but they may have different schedule for different business areas…so, we’ll just need to wait and see :slight_smile:

yeah agree hazelground. worried about BofA though. they started for IBD already!

Ohhhh…then i am worried too!

Let’s hope for the best!

how well did you guys get for your SHL practice tests in order to pass the real test. Thanks!

well, i anwered all the questions with 6mins to spare!

By the way, for those who will take the test not in English but in their mother tongue,

“THINK AGAIN!”

I had chosen Korean for taking the reasoning + numerical test, and while taking the test, I quite suffered from the lousy translation. It was a crude word for word translation rather than a neat and complete translation.

So, for those of you who want to take the test in their mother tongue, please take the SHL practice test in your language first, and see how it is translated.

If it’s OK. go forward. But If it’s not, you’d better take the test in English.