Sorry minty23 and msra6jm4, I didn’t record down the exact questions after the AC. Now I can only try my best to remind, and list some questions that I summarised from other posts, hope these will be helpful.
Basically, the interview is very similar to the first round. It is a strict structured one but the style is more like a chat. Don’t be too nervous or too relax. Try to focus on the questions he asks and identify some clues about what he wants you to say.
The interview covers four aspects. Leadership, Career Motivation, Drive and Porblem Solving
I applied for the IT advisory department, so don’t know whether it is the same with candidates in other department
- What is your leadership style? Give an example that how you lead a team to achieve something.
- Describe a time when you motivate a team to change / adjust its original strategy / plans. What’s the result?
- Give me an example when you lead a team without any guidelines or supervisions.
- Why KPMG
- Why IT Advisory
- What kind of research you have done about KPMG and IT Advisory?
- Did you apply for other companies? What positions?
- Imagine if one day you want to leave KPMG, what will be that reason?
- Describe one thing that you gave up in the half way? Why you give up and what you learnt from that?
- Describe a situation that you have to make a decision in a short time.
- Describe a challenging situation in a working environment
Other people’s experience:
Why do you want to join this firm? Why not a competitor?
Why the service line?
What do you think you can bring to this firm?
How do you think you will benefit from working here?
Where do you see yourself in five years time?
What do you do in your spare time?
Tell a time when you did not achieve your desired goal and how you felt?
Share your opinion on the economy
What the successful and unsuccessful businesses are at presence
What issues are businesses facing in the current climate? (credit crisis, lack of lending etc)
What issues are currently affecting Audit? (SOX, auditor independence)
Where else have you applied?
What is your proudest achievment?
Tell me a time when you have had to coach someone after a poor performence?
Tell me a time when you have had to step in and take the initiative?
Tell me a time when you have had to adjust your approach after a sudden change in objectives?
Tell me a time when you have had a manage a team?
Tell me about a time you worked in a team - did you face any problems
Tell me about a time when you just had to give up
Tell me about a time when you worked extra hard on something
Tell me about your interests
Tell me about your impressions of the university
msra6jm4, I assume it is ok to use the same examples since I asked the partner in the half way of the AC whether I can use the same examples that I used in the 1st round and he said it is fine.
Good luck to you guys~