Home Office Finance Management Development Scheme!

Hi,
I have applied for the Finance Management Development Scheme with the Home office and have been sent an e-mail to complete some online testing(siftability). has anyone else applied for this and does anyone know what the job involves?
What is the full application process?
Any help will be much appreciated.

Ahh. We haven’t got any info on these guys and it looks like very few other WikiJob people have been to this. Any info you pick up or can contribute is greatly appreciated… how did things go with the online test? Did you get invited for the interview?!

Situational Judgment (SiftAbilityTM)

This test consisted of three exercises:

The ‘System’ exercise scenario involved responding to various dilemmas and tasks relating to the implementation of a computerised finance system. To gain support for this initiative you were required to present the case for implementing this system to the senior management team at one of two possible meetings.

The ‘Event’ exercise involved responding to various dilemmas and tasks relating to the organisation of an outdoor music concert. As the Events Manager it was your role to ensure that the event took place on time, within the allocated budget and to the satisfaction of the client.

The ‘Merger’ exercise involved responding to various dilemmas and tasks relating to the merger of two charities. Your role, as Project Manager, was to identify, gather and analyse appropriate information relating to the merger, as well as considering the planning and organisation of the merger.

The DWP competencies relating to this test were:
• Building productive relationships
• Communicating with Impact
• Learning and Improving
• Decision Making
• Drive for Results
• Constructive Thinking

This outlines the structure of it. There are no time limits on the tests, but each takes around half an hour.

I got a job for home office so maybe I can help you in future

For the finance scheme?

Yup, for this exact role,
I mean I have an offer for it and have to fill in some forms for government checks, haven’t really decided to take it or not though