Help needed on background check!

Barclays

Hi, guys, recently, I had offer from Barclays GRCB, the role is based in london, I have already signed my contract, they would do a background screening on me, I wanna ask what would that include, will that include a credit check as well?..coz I had a temporary default on my credit history, although the account has been settled since I have paid all the debt, it hasn’t been reflected on the report yet…I’m just worried that whether it gonna affect my contract…
I had friend who is about to work for other banks, he told me they only checked his education and employment…

No idea now…thanks for the help…

Forgot to mention, the default account was concerned with Vodaphone, because I wrote to close my contract at last month, but they actually didnt do that for me, but kept on sending more bills to me, I ingored them at the beginning, but i ended up paying all the debt because I dont want to have a default on my credit history…
I called them this morning, they said it would be removed because ive paid the full amount, but I still feel a bit unsecured about whether it would affect my contract.

I’m doing something similar with HSBC. After doing some research on this, it seems many banks outsource the background check to a third party vendor. Here is one such vendor in the City. Note that the correspondence with this particular firm lies directly with the candidate and not with compliance.

http://www.powerchex.co.uk/pre-employment-screening/what-can-we-verify/