Help needed - Aussie Grad coming to London

I finish up my econ/commerce degree at the end of the year with a distinction average (hoping thats a 2:1 approx?) and a couple of decent internships with banks in Aus. I have a visa to work in the UK and would ideally be coming up in January 2012 after finishing my degree in November 2011.

I’m looking to start out in anything from ECM/DCM, M&A to Project Finance and Institutional (Corporate) Banking.

I’d greatly appreciate anyone who could give me a bit of a briefing on grad recruiment in London. When does recruitment season generally start? Is it rolling or set? Do the banks offer early starts (ie. Before September 2012)? Has anyone heard of a similar situation ending in success (I am trying to get an idea of how competitive I will be on paper).

Also, what are my chances of getting a placement without a face to face interview?

Any general advice/precautions?

Cheers in advance

Hi there,
Recruitment period for graduate programme is from August 2011 to February 2012 for a start in August/September 2012.
It is very competitive to get on a grad programme. I have heard something like 60 applications for 1 position…
I am not sure you’ll be able to get a placement without face to face interview. I had to go to London for assessment centre, face to face and last round interviews.
Good luck.

Hi there,
Recruitment period for graduate programme is from August 2011 to February 2012 for a start in August/September 2012.
It is very competitive to get on a grad programme. I have heard something like 60 applications for 1 position…
I am not sure you’ll be able to get a placement without face to face interview. I had to go to London for assessment centre, face to face and last round interviews.
Good luck.