Help~IBM 2nd Round Selection Day

IBM

I have worked for IBM so I think I am entitled to my opinion.

Do you want a list?

Top of that list would probably be how they attempt to force their employees into redudancies and rob them of their pensions.

Do you want a list?

Top of that list would probably be how they attempt to force their employees into redudancies and rob them of their pensions.

Do you want a list?

I wasn’t saying you weren’t entitled to your opinion. Actually quite the contrary, I would love to hear about your experiences as I am close to being offered a role.

I would like to know about your experiences, if you don’t mind telling me.

Thanks,
Toryas

Which scheme did u apply for Toryas. Im still waiting for my FRI> Passed ipato test in January

IT Consultant.

Hi,

I’m applying for strategic consulting with IBM and have already got through the tests and the first round selection day and was told that they would be in touch shortly… that was about 8 weeks ago. I’ve contacted them since and they said the same thing about being in touch ‘shortly’. Is anyone else experiencing them dragging their feet with the application process??

Cheers

any news on the graduate schemes guys. Has anyone been in touch with ibm or any assessment lined up soon

I had my business matching interview on the 15th April. Waiting to hear back now.

I have an AC now scheduled for 27th April. Any tips would be much appreciated!? It’s for strategic consulting, which mysteriously seems to have vanished from the list of grad schemes on the IBM website. ‘Business Strategy Consultant’, which is a different scheme, is instead there twice. A shade worrying but also annoying as I haven’t looked at the actual role for ages and it would definitely help with my interview prep to see the job description!

Hey
I have the same AC tomorrow. What are you doing to prepare? Getting to Waterloo in the morning is going to be a nightmare.

Ive not done a huge amount really I dont think you can prepare for the group/communication exercises so I’ve just gone over the generic interview questions and adapted them for IBM. What about you?
I’m not quite sure why they are starting it so early. Surely no staff memebers want to be there for an 8am start!

I agree you cant prpare for the group stuff, and personally, I cant really prepare for an interview, I don’t think it seems natural if you do. But yes the early start is not great. Whoever has their interview first may face a grumpy interviewer. Where are you coming from in the morning?

They ask you lots of IBM related questions in the interview so I really would prepare.

If you don’t mind me asking, what sort of IBM related questions did they ask in the interview?

I honestly can’t remember it was over a year ago. My placement was at ibm and even I found them difficult. So just be prepared and read the graduate brochure.

As for everything else the group exercise is good and challenging but there is no way you will figure it out so if the group doesn’t get all the answers don’t worry.

The presentation is literally the most ridiculous thing I have ever experienced in my life. They want you to try and sell a dog jumper. Firstly, dogs are vile and secondly I’m not a sales person so this brought me down. I had great scores for everything else and a dog jumper ruined my chances.

Hope everything went well for you guys yesterday. How many people attended?

Hello, I have a xtreme blue-AC (Technical role) scheduled on 6th may @ Hursley…It would be a great help for me if anyone can shed me some light on the process…Thanks in advance

Take this in the least offensive way possible, but if you’re not able to present information given to you, regardless of topic, you’re not fit for the job. Tough if you don’t like dogs, what happens if you have to present a topic you don’t agree with that could be a million pound deal for the company? You’re going to fall flat on your face.

They are looking at your ability to present, not your sales techniques and passion for dogs.

When I did the 2nd round AC, I thought the presentation was brilliant, it allowed those of us who were good at presenting to stand out above the rest.